Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: My first Pete Rose jersey. 1977 road.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner_gamers View Post
    I have never been in the market for items of this caliber so I have no real basis of value signed or not. Opinions are great but really if it is future value you are concerned with what do auctions show are more popular in the long run? This is a significant piece from a very, very, well known player who at some point will no longer sign. When Pete passes on would the market for a signed gamer outweigh a non-signed? If you chose not to get it signed and Pete dies there is no going back. What will a Pete Rose collector in 2084 prefer?? Someone far removed from our knowledge and comfort of knowing Pete signs every week. If you get it signed on the number with a paint pen future buyers have the option to at the very least display the side without the sig. It is an awesome piece and in my opinion I would pay to have Pete do it up right!

Once upon a time, Babe Ruth autographs were a dime a dozen.

Banned

Re: My first Pete Rose jersey. 1977 road.

Hi Guys. Thought this thread died a while ago, but still appreciate all the opinions. I'm saying it's 50/50. I've got quite a few PM's from some of the big name dealers and even they are 50/50. IF I do have it signed, I'm leaning toward the collar with just a PETE ROSE 1977. I definately won't have it signed with silver pen on the number. I don't want a big autograph either (the collar should solve that) and definately won't do the 4192 thing. Right now I'm fine with it not signed, but like many have said, 40 years done the road it might be more valuable with a nice signature on it. I would also get a picture of Pete signing it and holding it up. Thanks for all the opinions and ideas guys. Keep em coming!