Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Show me your White Sox stuff

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post

Kamaramxjoe Have you seen any other shorts besides the Goose Gossage that you have?
    I've only seen two other pair of shorts. One pair was part of a Hall of Fame traveling exhibit about five years ago and the other pair I've seen was at the Cell in the gift shop before they moved everything to the Scout Lounge. The pair at the Cell was from Alan Bannistar and I couldn't see the name from the Hall of Fame pair. When I bought the Gossage pair 14 years ago, I was sure I'd add a couple more pair. Boy was I wrong!

A forum member a few years ago said he had a pair from Jim Essian, but his pair didn't have the correct tagging. I believe it would be very easy to take a pair of the blue pants and convert them into shorts and fool someone since the shorts are so rare. The tags on the shorts are very different than the pants, but I doubt most collectors would know that.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoglen View Post
    2005 Game Used Chris Widger Glove

AWESOME GLOVE!!

Thanks.

I love the glove and have been trying to photomatch it for years. I believe it to be a 2005 to early 2006 glove. His other glove in this color used in 2006 had the number 36 embroidered on the thumb. (This one does not and none of the 2005 pictures have this feature)

Also, if you notice in the picture below the scuffmarks on the "Widger" name embroidery.

I thought it kind of looked like this from early 2006.

Thoughts?

Not Game Used but a 1955 Chicago White Sox Team ball which has HOF Nellie Fox on it plus a nice Orestes "Minnie" Minoso auto.

Banned

I have several Sox pieces, nothing way out there, but my favorite of the bunch is a game-ISSUED piece...a LS M9 C271 unused Joe Crede bat. I got the bat at the Tropicana Dome from Crede in exchange for memorabilia I traded him. This was in 2005, which is like 1969 to the Cubs, except that the Sox had a happy ending.

Dave M.
    Chicago area