Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Huggins and Scott Auction - Anyone get anything good?

I liked the format of this auction and liked that it ended each lot individually instead of keeping me up till 4 AM. It was well run overall, though I think there was not an incredible volume of bidding on the lots I was watching.

In any case, I watched lots of the Red Sox items and after living in fear of 2004 Sox jersey tagging for 7 years, I bought the Ortiz jersey that Dave M authenticated for a bid of $475. The 2004 Schilling and Manny jerseys went for quite a bit more. There was a GU Griffey lot with a nice GU helmet that went for more then $1300, and a couple nice griffey bats too.

Anyone else get anything good? Or did enyone else find evidence to discredit the 2004 Sox Jerseys? I could find no issues other than the relatively light use on these.

Pitchers and catchers report in less than 3 weeks...and GU prices will rise...

Matt Miller

Re: Huggins and Scott Auction - Anyone get anything good?

That was a great buy!
    Always looking for great bats from members of the Red Sox HOF.

Re: Huggins and Scott Auction - Anyone get anything good?

I got the Texas Rangers lot. I only wanted one of the jerseys, so you will be seeing the other items either reoffered through them or up for sale some other way.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/