Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is your memorabilia real???

Check out this video. I don't believe this has been posted before.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L2gPS50-Wfs
    Brian
    big10champ@msn.com
    Always looking for Vintage University of Minnesota items, Minnesota Twins Game Used Bats, and Minnesota Wild Game Used items. View some of my collection at http://community.webshots.com/user/GopherCountry

Re: Is your memorabilia real???

It's definitely been posted here before.
    Very disturbing.

Awesome, awesome story!

WOW, 85,000.00 for a fake autographed card.....That makes me sick and I did not lose a penny on it.

Thanks for posting this video!

I hadn't seen that. Thank you. When did that air????
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Upper Deck should be ashamed. The guy buying for his kid has no clue what he is doing. And I am so sick of people thinking COAs are the proof they need to believe something is legit.

Banned

Being a big autograph collector who has bought my entire collection online, before getting into game used; I learned one major thing:

Unless you see the athlete sign the autograph himself the only method as close to that is to buy from only the best and most reputable companies that do ONE THING. That being firms that WITNESS the signature. And only these REPUTABLE companies who are providing you with their version of a notarized signature. Companies such as:

>Steiner
    >Upper Deck
    >Mounted Memories
    >NFL Auctions
    >MLB Auctions

I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple. The key is of course a respected and trusted name in the industry that witnesses the signature. You usually have to pay a high premium for these, but wouldn't you rather have a WITNESS than an opinion(like,PSA/DNA,GAI,JSA,etc) ?

Thank you for that video, I always wanted to see that piece.

Upper deck was busted selling a fake autographed card for $85k. So be careful with them, everyone can be fooled
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Banned

I'm sure they've all been fooled at least once. And an 85K blunder like the one in the video is inexcusable. And it was in an expert opinion that the Babe Ruth and Walter Johnson signatures were fake. Upper Deck of course did not witness the signing of these cut signatures, being as that they were signed about 70 years ago or so. Upper Deck has made it's name by having their representatives witness athletes signing authentic memorabilia. They appear to have been "out of their realm" authenticating historical signatures. But they are still the most respected name in authentic autographs.(especially Michael Jordan)

With in person signing companies, the major questions to ask are 1) Was the signature witnessed in person by the company, 2) Was the player under contract to sign for the company and 3) What is the reputation of the company. The companies listed are good, though there are a few other reputable ones, including Tri Star, GTSM and ReggieJackson.com. Some individual players market their own autographs, including Stan Musial.

Companies could release the contracts with an athlete on their site. I would feel alot better knowing that Company A paid Athlete B X amount of dollars for a 2 year deal.

what are peoples thoughts on Radtke sports?