Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Spring Training: Who's going?

Thanks everyone for the tips! I can't wait!

Just starting to make arrangements for my trip, my sister-in-law is getting married in Scottsdale on 3/27. So, I am trying to find my dates to extend my trip either forward or backwards a few days to allow a little more time for golf and spring training.

Anyhow, look for me sometime between 3/24 and 3/31!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

pam;
    drop me an email or call me. perhaps we can meet up at the pirates or yankees games.

ill be goin down from the 13-21 of march to Jupiter to see my man Big Mac. Ill be bringing down my 98 gamer in hopes of getting it signed. Hopefully i can get an auto of Pujols as well. If i come home with just the bat, it will be all worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    pam;
    drop me an email or call me. perhaps we can meet up at the pirates or yankees games.
    Sounds good, responded to your PM

-Pam

I used to go down to FL every year before my kids got into school. Very awesome time. I have been right when workouts begin and also during games. I can say without a doubt, if your going for autographs and interaction with players, go right when the full squad workouts begin. The Cardinals players in Jupiter are very accessible and will sign all day back on the practice fields. Once the games start, most of the stadiums are pretty crowded. The Cardinals, Red Sox and Yankees especially are very crowded and tough for autos.

All of ST is great though, wish I could still go.

Jason

Does anyone know where to go to get autos from players coming in at the Cardinals spring training? I will be there this year.

Quote Originally Posted by flota89 View Post
    Does anyone know where to go to get autos from players coming in at the Cardinals spring training? I will be there this year.
    What time of ST are you going?

If you go right when ST starts, the couple of weeks before games begin, you need to go to the practice fields. They are behind the main stadium, Roger Dean Stadium. You should get there around 7-8am. The players will start coming out back there around 8-9am., some earlier. They will stretch as a group and then break up to different fields. Most will sign as they walk from field to field. You can also get some at the end of the day, around 1-2pm as the players leave the facility. This is the best time to go for autos.

If you go after games begin, then you need to be down the right field line in the berm area. They have a section of it roped off for 14 yr and under only, but there is room down the line. Some will sign as they come into the field in the right field corner and then most stars will sign on their way out of the field, around the 3rd-5th innings. Its is also possible to get some players out at the Prac fields before the game, but you cant do this and get a good spot inside too. Its a great facility and a lot of fun, but after games begin, its tough for autograph collectors.

Jason

Do many players sign in just the "14 or under area"? I am a few years older than that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by flota89 View Post
    Do many players sign in just the "14 or under area"? I am a few years older than that lol.
    They seem to start in that area, but most will work their way out on down the line. The several times I have been though, there are a ton of people. You have to buy berm tickets and rush in to get a good spot. Much much easier before games begin, when there is only about 30-50 people to deal with. Right around Feb. 20-25 seems to be best.

Jason