Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Banned

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

I am actually laughing at the Jacobs price. The guy is the BACKUP running back who probably won't be a Giant next year. That has to be a record price. The

Banned

I also like the kicker for $2,500. He is a great kicker but please he is still a kicker.

What's wrong with a kickers jersey fetching $2500?

...it means my collection is now worth more.

There haven't been many deals this year...

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I am actually laughing at the Jacobs price. The guy is the BACKUP running back who probably won't be a Giant next year. That has to be a record price. The
    I feel like I remember a Dolphins back up QB for a year or so fetching some insane number as well. But yes, that is nuts. You can get a nice Eli for a grand or two less.

The Ray Lewis was a little high but not insane. Still I cant imagine spending that with such little wear on a Ray Ray jersey
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

I don't think you could flip those and hope to make a profit! I know the hobby is supposed to be fun but man you have to be rich to have fun with those prices, especially in this day and age where retail jerseys don't look too far off from gamers. Just go play in the mud.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    I feel like I remember a Dolphins back up QB for a year or so fetching some insane number as well. But yes, that is nuts. You can get a nice Eli for a grand or two less.

The Ray Lewis was a little high but not insane. Still I cant imagine spending that with such little wear on a Ray Ray jersey
    john beck that was he is currently the skins 3rd stringer. i actually got an eli from nfl auctions a couple of weeks ago for two grand less. the funny thing is chris johnson sold for less last year than jacobs just did and he looks like a hofer. the lewis was about market jo sells them for about that.

Sweet patched London Tebow up, with nice use. Should be easy photomatch. Wonder if it will crack 10k. He scored a TD in this game?

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=138032456

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    Sweet patched London Tebow up, with nice use. Should be easy photomatch. Wonder if it will crack 10k. He scored a TD in this game?

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=138032456
    With the state of the Denver running game they should start Tebow at running back. He is already tied for the team lead in rushing tds and Moreno is averaging 3.3 yards a pop and 50 yards a game. Otherwise if the jersey goes for 10k it will set a record for highest price paid for a jersey of a qb who has yet to throw a single nfl pass. Clausen, Hall and McCoy were all picked after him and all have been starters at one point this year. This guy can't even get a pass off.

Some of the prices realized in the most recemt auction 11/22 were somewhat downright unbelievable. Over 1750$ for a game used 49ers-Raiders football!!??? I have a game used ball from the 1994 NFC championship signed by both Rice and Young with team letter which cost me less than half that! 600$ for a game issued Eric Heitmann shirt that was originally offered as game worn (until I emailed the NFL and informed them that he was inactive and on IR that game upon which they changed the listing).

JTNFLfan has also driven up prices nicely which for collectors is a problem. When dealers see the prices realized they raise the prices on their shirts due to the high prices on NFL auctions. This has happened to me a number of times when buying older 49ers shirts. The seller says that if a random current player is being sold for 2500$ (Dexter mcluster by JO for example) than surely a 95 John Taylor must be worth 4000$!!! What dealers don't realize is that these shirts don't sell and that if they do they sell for much less.

I think it is great that NFL auctions is selling authentic gamers but that the crazy and ridiculous prices being paid is killing the hobby for collectors looking for accurately priced shirts.

What does everyone else think?

Always buying quality 49ers.

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com