Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I think someone had done some research in the past on the Barbers. As I understand NFL Auctions weighed in on this topic. The Red Pink Patch was relisted twice for non payment? I bought it the 3rd time around for @ 1K and as far as I am concerned, its worth every penny. It is a great jersey!

I'm not sure about the White one, but I did buy the London Jersey for roughly the same price as the red one and It is also really nice. I haven't really looked closely at the Photos, but I assume that they are the jerseys that were originally posted.

Having said that, I find that there have been quite a few questionable items on NFL Auctions. Its not uncommon to buy a non Jersey item which is listed as game used, but cannot be found anywhere in a photo of the game that it was supposed to be worn in. Also, a jersey may say something like "used in week 11", but is the wrong color Jersey for that week?

Just my 2 cents......
    Its not only that its also simple items like footballs and helmets where they will list the item as one thing and the picture is of something else. I think they only have 1 guy doing all the auction listing, payments, and he also flys around doing signings but I still expect a little bit more. And the photos are so bad. Its not like they are charged per photo that they list.

34swtns - shoot me an email...I may have something that you might be interested in. chris@toprecruitkicking.com

Quote Originally Posted by hockeytigers View Post
    34swtns - shoot me an email...I may have something that you might be interested in. chris@toprecruitkicking.com
    Email sent.

34swtns......If I need some quick cash, I know where to find you!

If you are ever looking for me....I am Mulligans/PBRTALLS/PBRS......I am a GOLF Nut and now you know what my favorite American BEER is!

You really do have a great collection of Jerseys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I think someone had done some research in the past on the Barbers. As I understand NFL Auctions weighed in on this topic. The Red Pink Patch was relisted twice for non payment? I bought it the 3rd time around for @ 1K and as far as I am concerned, its worth every penny. It is a great jersey!

I'm not sure about the White one, but I did buy the London Jersey for roughly the same price as the red one and It is also really nice. I haven't really looked closely at the Photos, but I assume that they are the jerseys that were originally posted.

Having said that, I find that there have been quite a few questionable items on NFL Auctions. Its not uncommon to buy a non Jersey item which is listed as game used, but cannot be found anywhere in a photo of the game that it was supposed to be worn in. Also, a jersey may say something like "used in week 11", but is the wrong color Jersey for that week?

Just my 2 cents......

Here's my problem with these guys who are driving up the prices, and not paying. Look at the Barber jersey you bought for $1,005. The guy MJR258 won the second listing, and didn't pay. In the auction you won, the same guy, MJR258 outbid you at $900, and drove the price up. These clowns should not be able to re-bid after winning and not paying. Technically, I think you should go to NFL Auctions and tell them every bid by MJR258 should be thrown out. You should be the winner of this jersey for $900, not $1,005. It's criminal that these guys are able to do this. I think you have a very valid argument. I guess I can understand someone bidding, and not paying (I really can't, but I don't want to start a political stance)...but there is NO WAY you should be allowed to bid again on the site, let alone the exact same item, and drive up the price on a buyer like yourself, who is more than willing to pay. Any thoughts? I would write to them if it happened to me, and decline to pay any price that this guy MJR258 bid up.

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    Here's my problem with these guys who are driving up the prices, and not paying. Look at the Barber jersey you bought for $1,005. The guy MJR258 won the second listing, and didn't pay. In the auction you won, the same guy, MJR258 outbid you at $900, and drove the price up. These clowns should not be able to re-bid after winning and not paying. Technically, I think you should go to NFL Auctions and tell them every bid by MJR258 should be thrown out. You should be the winner of this jersey for $900, not $1,005. It's criminal that these guys are able to do this. I think you have a very valid argument. I guess I can understand someone bidding, and not paying (I really can't, but I don't want to start a political stance)...but there is NO WAY you should be allowed to bid again on the site, let alone the exact same item, and drive up the price on a buyer like yourself, who is more than willing to pay. Any thoughts? I would write to them if it happened to me, and decline to pay any price that this guy MJR258 bid up.

This MJR258 clown is the same guy that is running my Cutler through the roof, not to mention many others.

I still cannot fathom the antics allowed and the ethics used by NFL Auctions. The problem is, is that NFL Auctions will continue to allow this and there is not a damn thing any of us are going to do about it.

I would eat my own shoe and publicly display the video of it if NFL Auctions went back into the previous listing and knocked out all of the bids that these non-paying, ass clown bidders placed with no intentions of committing to the sale.

It is situations like this that make JO's premiums better and better. At least with them you do not get all the B.S. like what is going on at NFL Auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    This MJR258 clown is the same guy that is running my Cutler through the roof, not to mention many others.

I still cannot fathom the antics allowed and the ethics used by NFL Auctions. The problem is, is that NFL Auctions will continue to allow this and there is not a damn thing any of us are going to do about it.

I would eat my own shoe and publicly display the video of it if NFL Auctions went back into the previous listing and knocked out all of the bids that these non-paying, ass clown bidders placed with no intentions of committing to the sale.

It is situations like this that make JO's premiums better and better. At least with them you do not get all the B.S. like what is going on at NFL Auctions.

I wouldn't be so sure...my buddy won the Superbowl package from the Jets...it was a dutch auction, and the guy who bid up the price didn't pay. My buddy said this is BS, and they knocked off $1,500 from his package price. They agreed that the guy who didn't pay, shouldn't be charging others for driving up the price. I would state clearly that this guy MJR258 has bid up previous items, and not paid. I'd call Scott Miller at NFL Auctions and point this out, and have them throw out this guys bids before it gets out of control on the Cutler jersey. I'd hate to see you pay way more than you should...

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    ..... have them throw out this guys bids before it gets out of control on the Cutler jersey. I'd hate to see you pay way more than you should...
    Thanks buddy, but I wouldn't pay 1/2 of the price it will go for. Even if it came with Cutler himself & a dinner/movie date.

Just like Ricks (34SWTNS) stance, they will all find their way to the second hand market for half of what they are going for now, and I am happy to wait.

Thanks for the research guys! You have absolutely enlightened me! This MJR258 guy has bid against me on almost every Pats item and quite a few others. As soon as I see his name, I know that I will end up walking away without the item. I have not given this a second thought until just now.

I see no rational reason why he would bid so high and then not pay? EXCEPT....that he is some how affiliated with the NFL Auctions?? I know this is way too odd and a bit of a smoking gun, but I cannot think of any other rational reason. How would the NFL let him continue to bid under the same name after defaulting on an Item? How is it even possible to default on an item?

The Barber Jerseys were different.....I put my bid in well before the end of the Auction and couldn't believe I had won the items in the AM. What would have happened if I started bidding again?

I have e-mailed NFL Auctions many times with a pretty good response rate...Until I start to hit a nerve with them and then they go dark on me. Does anyone know who this person is:
    Barber, Ellis [EBarber@hibbertgroup.com]

He was my contact regarding another issue that I had with NFL Auctions.

Is there any way of knowing if NFL Auctions is active on GUU as a member in disguise?

Hibbert Group is the company which warehouses, and ships the items. They won't be able to help you regarding bidding practices. My point with the Barber jersey, is that even though you put in a bid early on, if MJR258 wasn't able to enter bids, no one else would have topped you after $900. I would try Scott Miller directly at the NFL Auctions office directly in New York.