Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I just started collecting jerseys in October so far I have Ellis, Ferguson and Thomas Blue throwbacks from the 9-27 game and a Revis home jersey from the Jacksonville game from JO Sports. I am selling the Thomas and a few non-Jets jerseys to buy a Thomas Jones and I hope to pick up a Mangold in the near future. Besides the Jerricho jersey from the Grey Flannel auction you mentioned in another thread, have you picked up anything lately?

I have most of my stuff on a Webshots page...There are some other helmets (non Jets) that I don't have listed...Here is most of it.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/567875038DgnRhd

The question is if it was the same jersey listed twice or he wore two in that game. I have noticed a few jerseys apparently being relisted because I assume the winning bidder did not pay for them.
    I thought it might be the same jersey but the only thing was, the same bidder won both jerseys and the price on both was different (lets just say one was $835.74, the other $865.32)

If I remember correctly they were listed pretty close to one another, within a week or two. Maybe Josports would know what's going on.

Have you picked anything up from NFL auctions?
    Not in awhile. I have been focusing on collecting alot of helmets to complete my collection. Im a Packer fan so im still awaiting out hope that something from them lands on there.

What's up with the Patriots Jerseys over he last few months. I know GU PATS jerseys are few and far between, but I have seen jerseys going well over a grand for Guys that I have never even heard of?

They all seem to hover around 600-800 bucks just before closing and then shoot absolutely through the roof! I know some of them have been solid players, but others are not.

Having said that, I will continue to bid on them with hopes that I can get lucky on something fairly good!

Sometimes its difficult to distinguish the difference between market values of some of these items and the emotions of a group of fanatical guys obsessed with Collecting?

I must admit that I fall into both groups!

Happy Bidding!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    What's up with the Patriots Jerseys over he last few months. I know GU PATS jerseys are few and far between, but I have seen jerseys going well over a grand for Guys that I have never even heard of?

They all seem to hover around 600-800 bucks just before closing and then shoot absolutely through the roof! I know some of them have been solid players, but others are not.

Having said that, I will continue to bid on them with hopes that I can get lucky on something fairly good!

Sometimes its difficult to distinguish the difference between market values of some of these items and the emotions of a group of fanatical guys obsessed with Collecting?

I must admit that I fall into both groups!

Happy Bidding!
    Don't worry the Patriots AFL throwback jerseys will be on there at some point according to the NFL Auctions twitter and prices should stablize a bit the second time around.

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    Looks like the Cribbs, Hutchinson, and Williams jerseys are blowing past the last ones that were on there as far as price goes. Cant wait to see what they list superbowl weekend
    The Cribbs is already at $1302.00 with nine hours to go. Glad I got mine when I did. Though I would have preferred the brown jersey vs the white, I would not want to pay 30%+ more for it with nine hours to go. Cribbs only wore the white jersey with the pink patch in one game (vs Bills) and the brown jersey with the pink patch (vs Bengals) and did not have a td in either game. I will be interested to see where the bidding ends up.
    It seemed like the 2nd jerseys offered were going for a little less but it seems like with the captains jerseys I have seen a few of the 2nd jerseys offered going higher than the previous sales.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    The Cribbs is already at $1302.00 with nine hours to go. Glad I got mine when I did. Though I would have preferred the brown jersey vs the white, I would not want to pay 30%+ more for it with nine hours to go. Cribbs only wore the white jersey with the pink patch in one game (vs Bills) and the brown jersey with the pink patch (vs Bengals) and did not have a td in either game. I will be interested to see where the bidding ends up.
    It seemed like the 2nd jerseys offered were going for a little less but it seems like with the captains jerseys I have seen a few of the 2nd jerseys offered going higher than the previous sales.
    It is second chance fever lol. Is your Cribbs unwashed? My Mario and Kevin Williams came that way they show amazing use. I bought a few of the throwback jerseys and they were washed and show barely any use so I don't blame people for getting in on the bidding for these.

Still hoping they post another Ronde Barber.
    Now that "the richest man in the world" finally got his.......

Banned

C'mon $1600 is too much? PEOPLE CAN PAY whatever they want for this stuff! Who are we to sit here and bitch about prices ? LOL I think it goes something like that. Right Rick ? LOL

It is second chance fever lol. Is your Cribbs unwashed? My Mario and Kevin Williams came that way they show amazing use. I bought a few of the throwback jerseys and they were washed and show barely any use so I don't blame people for getting in on the bidding for these.
    The Cribbs came unwashed and showed great use for one game with lots of hit marks and a few tears. I think they are worth the premium at these levels- I now have three jerseys off of NFL Auctions.