Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    Looks like Mulligans/pbrtalls finally ended the streak of the Barber jersey being sold and then relisted. Congrats!

There's actually been 2 or 3 Barber jerseys and I think Pbrtalls has won all of them. To clarify something else Jpeck and MJR258 each won a Barber Jersey ONCE and didn't pay for it. Pbrtalls places high bids on items and had people bid underneath him thus driving the price up. He also bid over $1,000 on the Cutler Jersey. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this, but previously in this post he talked about these other guys driving prices up. Though this is true, he plays just as much if not more of a role in the high prices on some of these items.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TDKID View Post
    There's actually been 2 or 3 Barber jerseys and I think Pbrtalls has won all of them. To clarify something else Jpeck and MJR258 each won a Barber Jersey ONCE and didn't pay for it. Pbrtalls places high bids on items and had people bid underneath him thus driving the price up. He also bid over $1,000 on the Cutler Jersey. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this, but previously in this post he talked about these other guys driving prices up. Though this is true, he plays just as much if not more of a role in the high prices on some of these items.
    He then tries to sell them on Ebay or his website at a large markup he uses auctions as a wholesaler basicially. His theory seems to be there is only x amount of a certain item available if I buy up that quantity (or alot of that quantity) no matter how much I paid for it if someone wants it they will have to meet my price for it since there are few other ways to get it. For example, you want a Barber jersey that is 100% legit you either buy from him or you do without it. Not a bad idea in theory unless alot more come on the market then he will be stuck or will have to take a loss to move it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    He then tries to sell them on Ebay or his website at a large markup he uses auctions as a wholesaler basicially. His theory seems to be there is only x amount of a certain item available if I buy up that quantity (or alot of that quantity) no matter how much I paid for it if someone wants it they will have to meet my price for it since there are few other ways to get it. For example, you want a Barber jersey that is 100% legit you either buy from him or you do without it. Not a bad idea in theory unless alot more come on the market then he will be stuck or will have to take a loss to move it.
    Good observations. What's his screen name on Ebay ? You know, NFL Auctions stuff usually only goes for 1/2 of what it was paid for when it is sold on secondary sites. Hey, and there's nothing wrong with him doing that. It's a free market, and that's his right. It was just that earlier in this thread he was blaming others(MJR258 especially) for the high prices, this is not entirely true. And the last thing I want to do is defend guys like MJR258, who have kept me from bidding/winning on several items. but Pbrtalls places high early bids on these items and matches the so called "straw's" high bids. By placing these early high bids he creates that gap for others to drive the price up. My main point is, that he (and some of the other buyers) do it to themselves with those early high bids. Whatever happened to waiting til the end of the auction and bidding then ?

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    Some Bears pink C patched jerseys are up. Including Kreutz. Never see his jerseys come up for sale. I don't think any have made it to JO site. Although someone may have pre ordered his stuff and gets it before it could be put on the site.
    http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=113295014

Wow the Kreutz went for over $2,700

Hey Guys….I think that you might have me confused with someone else. I am definitely PBRTALLS/PBRS (Yes my favorite beer). I really enjoy collecting and I have been collecting for years. A few months ago, I started a website with my 10 year old to help him save up for College. He has really been enjoying himself and it excites me to watch him having so much fun.

I have been selling parts of my collection and have been adding lots of NFL Stuff, because it is what people really want to buy. I have bought quite a few items from NFL Auctions and have resold many of them. When bidding, I always try to bid early and smart so that I do not end up getting in a bidding war. I got into a bidding war with Leagle Eagles over a Long Jersey a while back and have really regretted overpaying for it!

I did happen to buy the 3 Barber Jerseys and it was more of a coincidence than anything else. I rarely pay 4 digits for any Jersey because I think they are usually worth between $400 and $750 unless it is a real good one. I really like the Barber Jerseys and that’s why I purchased them. You may have noticed that I was not in the market at $1600. I can assure you that I have never sold an NFL Jersey on EBay! I tried once and ended up selling it to a GUU guy outside of the auction. I only have 10 transactions and I can thank my wife for all of them! I just started to test the waters on EBay and unfortunately, it is more like a yard sale than anything else. I have one Ebay sale to my name….A Ray Rice Autographed football.

I just traded one of my Barber Jerseys to a fellow GUU member and I hope that he as happy with his Jersey as I am with mine!

I am sorry if I have offended anyone in any way. I really enjoy what I do and I am very happy to have met lots of great guys through GUU. I am sure most who have dealt with me would find that I am a straight shooter, a good guy and not at all what some have suggested!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Hey Guys….I think that you might have me confused with someone else. I am definitely PBRTALLS/PBRS (Yes my favorite beer). I really enjoy collecting and I have been collecting for years. A few months ago, I started a website with my 10 year old to help him save up for College. He has really been enjoying himself and it excites me to watch him having so much fun.

I have been selling parts of my collection and have been adding lots of NFL Stuff, because it is what people really want to buy. I have bought quite a few items from NFL Auctions and have resold many of them. When bidding, I always try to bid early and smart so that I do not end up getting in a bidding war. I got into a bidding war with Leagle Eagles over a Long Jersey a while back and have really regretted overpaying for it!

I did happen to buy the 3 Barber Jerseys and it was more of a coincidence than anything else. I rarely pay 4 digits for any Jersey because I think they are usually worth between $400 and $750 unless it is a real good one. I really like the Barber Jerseys and that’s why I purchased them. You may have noticed that I was not in the market at $1600. I can assure you that I have never sold an NFL Jersey on EBay! I tried once and ended up selling it to a GUU guy outside of the auction. I only have 10 transactions and I can thank my wife for all of them! I just started to test the waters on EBay and unfortunately, it is more like a yard sale than anything else. I have one Ebay sale to my name….A Ray Rice Autographed football.

I just traded one of my Barber Jerseys to a fellow GUU member and I hope that he as happy with his Jersey as I am with mine!

I am sorry if I have offended anyone in any way. I really enjoy what I do and I am very happy to have met lots of great guys through GUU. I am sure most who have dealt with me would find that I am a straight shooter, a good guy and not at all what some have suggested!
    Sorry if you took my post as being crtitical it was not meant to be and you defintely don't have to explain anything to anyone here. It is your business what you do with your money and your collection not anyone elses. It was just a pattern I had noticed of several people who win alot of items on NFL Auctions and then try to resell some of them for profit in other venues within a couple of months. One guy had a Manning, Cribbs, Mario Williams and Schaub BCA jerseys on Ebay some at 2x what he paid another has a Manawe, Vilma and a few other jerseys that he won in recent months. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Personally I have won eight jerseys on there in the last three months I no longer own three of them, if I have my way will have sold two more in the near future and am planning to possibly sell one more and keeping the other two. I have made a slight profit on two lost money on the other. Bills, the desire to buy new collectibles, etc. make it impossible to keep every item and hey if you can make a profit more power to you anyone else would do the same. As far as when you bid again it is your business but I have found if you bid early on there you end up paying more because someone decides to outbid you unless you have a crazy high bid. And I am so glad you beat me in that Long bidding war, I ended up getting one a couple of weeks later on there for $755.

Absolutely no Problem.....I have very thick skin!

When I was bidding against you on the first Jersey, I did not know who you were until I ran into you on the site!

When I was looking at the 2nd Long Jersey....I knew exactly who you were and let you do your thing!

Your posts on the site have been very informative and cordial......no harm!

Check out this interesting article!

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/04/nfl-...r-for-charity/

Banned

Hey Mulligans, same goes here. I didn't mean any slams on you either. I was just pointing out the obvious. And you explained your bidding strategy. Thanks for that article !

Jack

Just an FYI.....The Barber Pink Patch is on E-bay and I am definitely not the seller. I hope that it does well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Just an FYI.....The Barber Pink Patch is on E-bay and I am definitely not the seller. I hope that it does well!
    And it appears that it will.

It's only been up for a few hours and a bidder with a feedback rating of '1' has already pushed it past $724, up from $164. Hhhhmmmm........

Needless to say, I'm out.