Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Unhappy If you paid BIG $ for JO's Cutler or Sanchez

....jerseys.

I feel for you.

Think of it as a learning experience.

Re: If you paid BIG $ for JO's Cutler or Sanchez

$3k+ for a Cutler and $20k for a Sanchez. You will NEVER, EVER see your money back for those. I just hope that the folks that were dumb enough to jump the gun and pay those prices bought them because they are related to those guys or something. Sure wasn't because either of those players a good and worth that kind of bread.

Its actually funny to me. That's one hell of a costly lesson. I can hear it now....."yeah, I paid for a $3000 Cutler jersey because he led the league in interceptions that year. That alone makes it a one of a kind"......dumbasses.

Class envy anyone? What people dont realize is that many of the people who drop that kind of coin do so for a reason. Anyone got any ideas what those reasons are? I think it is because they can.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    Class envy anyone? What people dont realize is that many of the people who drop that kind of coin do so for a reason. Anyone got any ideas what those reasons are? I think it is because they can.
    Just proves that money can't buy you common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post

And the abillity to indiscriminately "drop that kind of coin" can result in some hard and very expensive lessons.

You know Troy Aikman for instance had a really rough first year in the league. What would you pay now for the first legit jersey that he ever wore as a pro? You question my common sense thats fine, but i bet the person who dropped 20 grand on a jersey probably has plenty of common sense. Perhaps the idea of spending 20 grand didnt require much thought for the owner.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

If you had a million in the market and lost 20 grand in one day would you really be worried? For all we know the person who bought the jersey is a regular working stiff and bought it at 24 percent on a credit card. I really think that scenario is highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    And the abillity to indiscriminately "drop that kind
    of coin" can result in some hard and very expensive lessons.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Banned

The prices paid for these items was insane to begin with and these purchasers should have realized from the start that anything short of an Elway, Montana type career (which was 99.9999% not likely to happen) would result in them taking steep losses on these items. However, they are unlikely to learn from it as noone wastes money better than wealthy people, especially on luxury items. These purchases were not investments they were an attempt to get bragging rights with their wealthy friends.

I agree with legaleagle. Some hot draft picks are initially priced so high that if they turn out to be the next Steve Young, instead of Joe Montana, the prices will drop. In fact, even if the player turns out the next Joe Montana, the prices can still drop.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    $3k+ for a Cutler and $20k for a Sanchez. You will NEVER, EVER see your money back for those.
    I'm not sure there is any one person on this board that can look in the mirror and admit to themselves that every GU piece they've ever purchased will (at least) return the money that they spent on it.

If you can, you're a better person that me.