Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: If you paid BIG $ for JO's Cutler or Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Jay-Cutler-Chica...item35a59b6239

Here's the link and pictures again !

The truth is in the diagonal seam under the shoulder in the picture of Cutler with the towel ! The fake on Ebay has a seam straight across the front chest. Cutler never wore this 2-3 year old style !
    I never stated it was worn......

Banned

It's not even game issued ! This is an old cut style ! It's not even an Authentic retail !

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    I never stated it was worn......
    And to add to that, where in the listing, or anywhere for that matter, did I even state it was stylematched?

It is exactly as stated. It is a Chicago Bears Jay Cutler Team Issued jersey.

The alterations made to the jersey are consistent with the alterations Jay has on his Game Worn jerseys. The hemmed waistline, cuffed sleeves.....

Where do you get off saying it is fake? Do you own a Cutler? Have you seen a Cutler?

Didn't think so.....

Banned

Here we have in the following order a picture of from each regualr season game cutler wore a blue home jersey ! NONE of them have a seam across the upper chest ! They all have diagonal seams undeneath the arm pit !

1.)vs Eagles 2.)vs Rams 3.)vs Cards 4.)vs. Lions 5.)vs. Steelers
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Banned

Excuse me, but for $685, i'm sure the buyer was expecting the same cut jersey, the Bears QB wears !

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    Excuse me, but for $685, i'm sure the buyer was expecting the same cut jersey, the Bears QB wears !
    The buyer saw the same pictures in the listing, as well as the same description, along with 8 additional pictures of the jersey at their request.

If you have problems then contact me direct.

Banned

These are direct quotes from the Ebay listing !

" The jersey has all of the proper identifiers, and alterations made for Jay and the Chicago Bears."

Really ? It doesn't have the indentifier I mentioned !

"This is an actual game jersey directly from the Chicago Bears"

Actual game jersey from 2005 or'06. maybe 2007 ! One problem, Jay Cutler didn't play for the Bears then !

Hello Tom,

While I am not responding to the jersey you reference in this thread, please note the following rule regarding posting here:

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item. In addition, while this forum is designed to help educate collectors, we will not allow comments that accuse entities in the hobby of participating in any form of criminal wrong-doing. Any posts suggesting criminal wrong-doing should be brought to the attention of the moderators immediately.

There were some comments you made in the thread that have been edited to allow for a focus on your observations about the jersey. However, please make sure to follow the rules in the future and, if warranted, provide your information in the form of an opinion. In addition, the forum is intended for educational purposes and a number of posts seemed to be going to a personal level. If there is something to be learned about the jersey that can help collectors than it will be allowed. However, please make sure that is the intent of the posts and things are not taken to a personal level.

Lastly, the purpose of this thread has seems to have been changed from its original purpose. In the future, if posted in accordance with the forum rules and is for eduactional and not personal reasons, it would likely be more appropriate to create a separate thread rather than changing the focus of an existing thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Banned

Ok Chris, no problem. I was trying to keep it off the personal level, but it kind of drifted that way. I appreciate you leaving my postings up, and think they will help buyers in the future ! Being new here, I didn't intentionally violate the rules, but if I did I apologize. Thanks again, and I appreciate your time !

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    The buyer saw the same pictures in the listing, as well as the same description, along with 8 additional pictures of the jersey at their request.

If you have problems then contact me direct.
    I just read this thread. He does make a compelling case for this jersey not being issued for Cultler...

Dave