Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

My 1st Mattingly!

I must say, I am overwhelmed with my new purchase!!!!! Its a 1992 wilson home pinstripe Mattingly jersey. I know your saying 1992 Wilson, something wrong. Yes it is strange but it is a legit Mattingly. The jersey was offered by Schulte auctions, who is Mattingly's agent. At first, it worried me so I posted on the jersey, with no real confirmation. I contacted Ray Schulte about the jersey and it being a Wilson and not a Russell. He interned contacted Mattingly, who had this to say about the jersey. He was superstitious about starting the 1992 season with a new brand of jersey, so he wanted to wear a Wilson. The jersey also come with a Schulte LOA signed by Mattingly. Attesting to the fact he used the jersey.

I then I emailed are own Jim Caravello, Who said he felt the jersey was legit and a 42 was the correct size for that year, worn by Mattingly. With this information I felt very confident with the jersey and bid accordingly.

The jersey shows light use, some discoloration of the collar, light puckering and some small stains on the front lower tail.

It is now the center of my collection, and I am very happy to be adding such a great piece to my collection.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: My 1st Mattingly!

Congrats Scott. That's a beaut!!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Congrats on a great jersey. If you'd like to add a GU bat to make it a set, I currently have one on ebay Again, great jersey!!!

Mike

Great looking jersey!!! Congrats on the great addition to your collection.

Scott,

great addition to your collection! Even better, the story via Mattingly about his personal superstitions with the jersey brand that year. Very cool!

Mark

Sweet jersey Scott!

Have you started trying to photomatch it yet? I'm sure if you start looking at all 92-93 cards, yearbooks, posters, ect., you'll find a match.

-Chris

Thanks guys for all the kind words!!!!

Mike, I did see your bat on eBay. But don't have the cash to make a offer . I spent it all on the jersey.

Chris, I have started to try. I ordered a 1992 year book, a few common baseball cards, and bin looking thru all the photo shelters! I sure hope to find a match, but there seem to be such few pictures of him from 92. I did find a 93 hostess baseball card that had a match of the front logo postioning, but can't tell much more. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the year book. I am guessing this is more then likely his opening day uni.

Thanks Scott

Great Jersey, congrats!

I see this is now being offered on Ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB44 View Post
    I see this is now being offered on Ebay?
    Yes It Is!

Here's a link, someone is going to get a nice deal on a great jersey!! I do hope this is ok with you??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Don-Mattingly-19...item439cfe2bfd