Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A question about Colorado Rockies game used..

..Do the Rockies sell game used directly,even now in the off-season,at Coors field?I haven't seen any Rox '09 stuff on any MLB auctions yet (except the current auction with the red 4th of July/Labor Day caps),but there's all kinds of '09 Rockies stuff with team letters on ebay right now..including (as you might've guessed) a full Giambi uniform.Just wondering if there's someone to call at Coors to inquire..

Thanks,
    Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Re: A question about Colorado Rockies game used..

I have been checking the Dugout stores periodically, and some stuff is filtering in. They are more than willing to let you what they have and when they recieve items. Heres locations and numbers. I'm in denver let me know if you need any assitance. I've seen the Giambi stuff poopin up. Good luck

Colorado Springs Dugout StoreDenver Dugout StoreFlatIron Crossing Dugout Store1035 N. Academy Blvd.535 16th St., Ste. #1501 West Flatirons CircleColorado Springs, CO 80909Denver, CO 80202Broomfield, CO 80021719.574.8326303.832.8326303.439.8326
    Greeley Dugout StoreLittleton Dugout StoreColorado Rockies Catalog2116 35th Ave. #3B8207 S. Holly St.2001 Blake St.Greeley, CO 80631Littleton, CO 80122Denver, CO 80205970.330.8326303.721.1234303.312.2019

That didnt come out right lol...Damn the no edit

Colorado Springs Dugout--719-574-8326
    Denver Dugout-303-832-8326
    FlatIron Crossing Dugout Store 303-439-8326
    Greeley Dugout 970-330-8326
    Littleton Dugout 303-721-1234

MiLe HiGh...thanks for the numbers,dude.Already called Denver and Colorado Springs-theyre outta Giambi stuff,but hey,at least I managed to get myself on the waiting list...

Thanks again,
    Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just got a pair of Rockies road pants from Giambi.

Nice..I just won the Rox batting helmet BPH had up on eBay.Still working on your Yankee pinstripe too...

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice score on that Giambi Helmet at a good price too, now you just gotta pick up that full uniform from the wild card series on ebay now.

Like Mile High I am also located in Colorado (Thornton - just N of Denver) and have bought GU gear from the Rockies Dugout stores over the years.

The Rox do NOT sell any GU at Coors Field as the 'Dry Goods' store there is owned and run by Aramark. The Rockies Dug Out Stores are owned and operated by the Colorado Rockies and all of their employees are employed directly by the Rockies.

As far as what gets to the stores... NOT everything you see on eBay ever made it to the stores... the gentleman in charge of dividing the GU gear among the stores also sells directly to a few big buyers who have been buying directly from the Rockies for years (Helton17 on eBay is one) before the items ever make it to a Dug Out Store.

My Matt Holliday GU WS hat is a prime example... Matt wore ONE All Black version and ONE Alt style with the purple bill (the one I now own) and NEITHER one made it to a dugout store - and actually that was a god send for me. I picked the hat up from one of the big buyers on eBay for about $175 (now signed and inscribed by Matt - pic is Matt and I with the hat) w/ Rockies LOA. Matt looked the hat over and personally verified it as being his before signing and inscribing it. Per some friends at the Dug Out stores, IF they had gotten Matt, Helton, or Tulo's GU WS hats, they would have retailed them between $400 and $500 each, so I saved over $200!

The Dug Outs get gear anytime between October and Spring Training - hats are generally cheaper to pick up or get a deal on because the managers don't like the 'smell' from their game use and they want them out the door. I picked up Jason Hirsh's GU WS hat (actually 'bench worn' since he didn't play) for $25!!! I bought it to wear as it's my size and it was $13 less than a new hat off the shelf!!!

I also own one of Seth Smith's GU WS Hats and he has signed and inscribed it as GU as well.

One question - since I have a picture of Matt and I with the AU and Inscribed hat, does that constitute a 'photomatch'??? In it's own sort of way I would think it does...

- Chris

A couple of other things about Rockies GU items... for items from 1995 to present (outside of items from 2005), if the item came from the Rockies, it will have a Rockies LOA on Rockies Letter Head with Silver Foil embossing and carrying a LIVE signature of either James P Kellogg or Aaron Heinrich.

In 2005, the Rockies relied on the MLB Hologram program and were not pleased with the results - bad database entries - and went back to LOAs in 2006. I have a 2005 Holliday GU hat with MLB Hologram.

The LOAs do have some inconsistencies - some have the Year of Use, the Player Name and #, etc all TYPED into the LOA. Some have blanks which were filled in later by the Dug Out Store employees or managers.

All have a blank spot for the ORIGINAL Purchase Date to be filled in (although I have a few that the employees never filled in).

HOME WHITE JERSEYS... I have mentioned this before, but it bears mentioning again here...

PRIOR to the Majestic take over, ALL of the Rockies Game Jerseys were made by Russell. While the tail tagging was inconsistent over the years, the Rockies and Russell did do ONE thing that I don't believe any other team has done. In order to differentiate jerseys that were actually delivered to the club from 'AUTHENTICS', Russell made special CREAM colored (not pearlized white) buttons for ALL the Home White Jerseys that were embossed with Colorado Rockies around the button edge. These buttons were not available anywhere else. If you have a jersey presented to you that has these buttons, odds are it is the real deal. Without a Rockies LOA, it may be 'issued', not 'used', but it definately came through the club house. As far as Road and ALT jerseys, no special buttons.

There is ONE other practice the Rockies did do that has caused some issue on the GU front... some of their players over the years would give up Game Jerseys for charity and such and then come game time, not have a jersey ready for the game - the Rockies Starting pitcher chooses the jersey of the day. In these instances, the Rockies have sent clubhouse personel to the Dry Goods store to buy an 'Authentic' in the players size to get through the game and then sold off these GU jerseys, so there are some LEGIT Rox Home White GU without the Cream buttons. As far as my information goes, this only happened between like 1995 and 1998 and then the Rockies got better about keeping stocked on jerseys.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it here.

- Chris

Ahhh...Thanks Chris,that was the thing I was wondering.I knew there had to be 3rd parties involved since I've been watching both the MLB and Rockies auctions since the season ended and hadn't seen anything out there yet.I appreciate all the help from you Rox guys!!

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]