Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: To Forum Moderators

GUYS LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    USE EBAY FOR OVER 500$ DEALS!!!!! MAKE A PRIVTE AUCTION FOR THAT GUY WHO WANTS IT!!!! EVERYBODY WOULD BE ON THE SAVE SIDE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GameWornJCollector View Post
    GUYS LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    USE EBAY FOR OVER 500$ DEALS!!!!! MAKE A PRIVTE AUCTION FOR THAT GUY WHO WANTS IT!!!! EVERYBODY WOULD BE ON THE SAVE SIDE!!!!
    You're missing the point, entirely (not to mention several letters in words you've attempted to type).

Most of our "target audience" is right here. Not on ebay. These are the guys who we want to see the stuff we have for sale and who we would like to have first shot at items they might be looking for.
    And since we're not allowed to post threads saying "Hey guys, I've got an item posted on ebay that some of you may be interested in", being able to sell here at whatever price necessary would make the most sense.
    I'm sure most of us would not mind paying a fee to sell here as we're already paying fees to ebay.
    It's a guaranteed revenue stream for GUU and if I were in charge would have been implemented long ago.

create a platform that users must register and provide a credit card to prove identity and charge a small percentage of what the item sells for (5% ?).
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

The liability isn't the issue. They don't want high dollar transactions being cut without them getting a piece. Thats smart business. Why allow others to sell 1,000s worth of stuff on your site without compensation?I run a wholesale sales organization... I also run our internet business, and we constantly talk about not leaving money on the table and doing what needs to be done to ensure our sales grow and we instead of others profit from our products...

In regards to game used stuff... I have bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of GU bats in the past year...

I hate ebay and list there only as a last resort

I don’t like to use auction houses as the sellers premium puts me off, and when I want to sell it is usually quickly to buy something else.

I have bought and sold most of my items through emails with other GU collectors... the people on this site... I would have gladly paid a small fee to list items over $500... or if you want to really clean up the c to c postings... charge a couple of bucks for every post

My point is that if GUU is limiting the c to c postings to $500 in hopes to drive business their way, they are sorely mistaken... they could have had a piece of all of my transactions... while that may only amount to a little $... imagine a small piece of every transaction that goes on with members on this board... it all adds up to significant business

A small charge to post in the c to c section with a disclaimer that GUU is not responsible for any transaction, only the vehicle with which to list creates a place where we can all benefit... GUU receives a piece of the action that is already occurring without them, as well as I guarantee increased membership, and we all get visibility to the items we want and a able to sell in a place we are all comfortable with
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Wow.

At least I'm not the only one getting the Gestapo treatment around here.

Thanks for taking the heat off of me for a moment fellas.

(At least until this gets deleted. In 5......4.......3.....2.......).
    It is pretty simple, follow the forum rules andyour posts will not be deleted. Eliminate the personal attacks, baiting,and taking threads off topic and they will be left alone. I am not sure how else to explain it. The rules are posted in blackand white, there is no hidden agenda.

Let me use this thread to clarify a couple other things. I am a collector like all the other members on here and the moderators. The moderators are volunteers who are working to keep the forum as a gathering place where people are free to exchange ideas and information on the hobby. We have NO economic participation in GUU, 8D Auctions, sales platform, etc. and are unpaid. We do not have ownership of the site.

Is the forum perfect? No. I have issues with the forum from time to time but I choose to air them in emails to Chris or other members directly. While I may not always get the results I want, I respect the decisions and communicate that way leaving the forum for its stated purpose. If anyone wants to discuss my opinions on the $500 limit or email me with questions or concerns on how I/we moderate the site, please feel free to email me or the other moderators directly. My ONLY interest is in the forum being the best place it can for collectors.

I find it interesting that there is only a per-item limit, not a transactional limit. If a deal goes south is probably a whole transaction rather than just a single item. If there were a 3 @ $450 each deal on CtoC, thats okay at a $1350 for the transaction, but a single $500 is okay. Makes no sense.

Secondly, there is no similar limit on the Wanted section. So while it is not okay to use GUU for $500+ item that is in initiated in the sell forum, it is perfectly okay to do so in the buy forum.

This whole issue has not really impacted me too much as there just isn't too many items I've missed on as only a handful of items in my collection are above $500. And on the selling side of things, I've, like Bert, easily completed transactions above $500 through GUU, personally I've done so by finding the exact same interested buyers on the wanted board.

I understand why people are frustrated, but the alternatives of pay to post and such are not-desirable to me personally. I am fine with keeping things the way they are, the only change I really want is to remove the CtoC limit without charging additional fees, because frankly the only service gained from those fees is not having a limit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    Is the forum perfect? No. I have issues with the forum from time to time but I choose to air them in emails to Chris or other members directly. My ONLY interest is in the forum being the best place it can for collectors.
    Greg -

I emailed BOTH you and Chris about an issue I had a while back and never heard a peep back from anyone.

- Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Greg -

I emailed BOTH you and Chris about an issue I had a while back and never heard a peep back from anyone.

- Smitty
    Feel free to email me again and I would be happy to repsond.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Cause they don't care about us. It's the Occupy Wall Street movement, we are the 99% and their the 1%.

90% of the stuff they have done is to better them, and not about the forum.
    So let me get this straight, you have access to a free forum and free listing on this site up to $500 and we "don't care out [you]". Actually, I think the forum has served a great purpose in providing a free venue for people to get information which was it's original intent. It was not created to provide a free service for people to sell items with us providing free services that require our time to moderate.

There is really no need to keep creating threads where people ask for free access to selling all their merchandise without a fee with no remuneration for the provider. In fact, I just called my electric company and asked them to provide their service to me completely free and they laughed out loud (I guess similar to Dave O'Brien's laugh).

We are right now looking at if and how we would offer a service like this on GUU. Right now there are a number of venues you can use to sell items of higher value and I believe all of them will charge a fee to do so. As I said, this is something we are looking at right now. At the moment, if you do have higher end items you can offer them through our auctions and we will evaluate the items, etc before they are offered to our customers.

Again, I don't see the need to continue talking about raising the limits on the free service we offer and I certainly don't see this as something where our members do not benefit from the free service we provide. If the free service is not something people like, I guess another option might be to eliminate it entirely since people seem to complain more about it than being thankful for it. I am certainly not interested in being compared to greedy bankers when we are giving something to our members for free.

Hope that helps. I am closing this thread and people can contact me directly if they have any further questions.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions