Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 150 of 190 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1899
    Banned

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Quote Originally Posted by Palehose for Life View Post
    "4 Historical Purposes"

This BCA Lacher gamer sold last year @ the going rate through NFL Auctions
    and for historical purposes what was the final price + juice... if they have a juice?

"4 Historical Purposes"

This BCA Lacher gamer sold last year @ the going rate through NFL Auctions
    Why does NFL Auctions determine the going rate? You can't just pick one site and use that as the "going rate." I feel that just about every items sold on NFL auctions sells significantly higher than it would elsewhere.

Banned

Come on guys, get along. We are all brothers of the same fraternity. No need for bickering. Just enjoy that football is here, and that you guys have the common interest of being bears fans. Who cares about what someone paid. If its an item that makes them happy than let them pay w.e they desire.

Peholse did you win that beauty? That is the nicest Bears jersey I've seen to date. I need it in my collection asap.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    Why does NFL Auctions determine the going rate? You can't just pick one site and use that as the "going rate." I feel that just about every items sold on NFL auctions sells significantly higher than it would elsewhere.
    Because there are no other Nike Bears Lachers gamers. So since its one of the only ones sold, NFL auctions is the only going rate to judge. And I'd say that w/e the final hammer was on it when it sold, that it doubled in value by now easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17 View Post
    Because there are no other Nike Bears Lachers gamers. So since its one of the only ones sold, NFL auctions is the only going rate to judge. And I'd say that w/e the final hammer was on it when it sold, that it doubled in value by now easily.
    Actually, I was referring to Urlacher jerseys in general, but I agree, that's the only nike gamer I've seen as well.

Banned

Palehose agreed that a 5 year 4 star photo-matched Urlacher is a very rare and high end item. (I'm not talking about the uncommon issued jerseys/ no document/ photo-match jerseys). Thats being a little harsh as to calling the people who try to obtain one for cheaper than the going rate bottom feeders dreaming of a big score. I just look at them as die hard Urlacher fans who want to try to obtain there football hero and icon for an affordable middle class price. Because we know if you have to ask what the price is than most likely the item is not for that person. But nothing wrong with trying to obtain for cheaper. It won't happen (and again I'm talking a real 5 year Urlacher Nike with paper work and photo match) but you can't fault the fan for trying. At least I can't.

You are the Urlacher king, and know pretty much more than anyone on final hammer prices and yearly price inflation than anyone on this board. (I'll go out on a limb to state it). I would view 5,000$ as an extreme fair price, and if I could find a Nike Urlacher like what you posted I would pay over that. Just because I want a jersey from his final year, I love the 5 year captain, and Nike jerseys are my favorite jersey maker (details and stretch twill are so unique)

lol

And the band marches on...

I moved on, you two should as well.

The BS politics aside hard truth is any business or private owner who isn't desperado isn't going to sell the Top Urlacher jerseys from the past couple of years for less than they paid to anyone of the handful of Angry Bottom Feeders in the industry Dreaming of a Big Score @ someones expense cause they didn't want and/or couldn't step up (Its not for everyone nor personal, strictly business).
    Feels like there are two collectors doing replies from the same account...

How do you go from this:
    If we are getting historical on this jersey all that anyone from the outside looking in knows is that the hammer price was $2,990.

Does Goldin Auctions allow sellers to put reserves on consignments? I personally don't know but most Auction Houses do.

Maybe there wasn't a reserve on this lot (none of my business & I don't really care) but until proven otherwise I would find it hard to believe that a consigner of a potential $4,500-$6000 jersey would not have some type of protection put in place from their item under performing.

If talking about premium value this jersey was potentially hurt by:
    1. Not having a captains patch
    2. Being washed & showing minimal remaining game wear (This jersey pre-dates being able to purchase unwashed Bears jerseys displaying off the field wear)
    3. Game stats
    4. Not displaying a custom hem (Not that big of a deal but I prefer to see it)
    5. The # of remaining potential Bears/Urlacher buyers who can afford and/or are willing to purchase a high end item

All & all the results were disappointing for this alternate jersey with it being such a super rare quality jersey from the Bears future HOFer & possibly their best linebacker of all-time.
    to the post above???
    One post you are a wealth of knowledge and a pleasure to exchange with, next thing you know, it's angry bottom feeders???

See!!! Keep this guy posting!!!

Sadly one is out of my realm. The wife has other ideas for $5,000+
    I just put a deposit for the family vacation to Dominican Republic... I rather have an Urlacher gamer...

Im just stating that there are roughly 30% at best, high end, quality urlacher gamers out there when you factor in use,stats,and patches. They are rare and expensive finds as you dont see too many hit the open market, almost never, what you do see alot of are either questionable, issued or light to almost no wear gamers of his that under sell, since most collectors who covet an urlacher gamer want one as described above... Am i right or wrong? Most people that have these top notch gamers dont give them up, as you havent seen many if any hit the secondary market? The other 70% of his jerseys are either chopped up and put into cards or are owned for a significant discount, since all the great ones were gobbled up right out of the starting gate, and will most likely stay in private collectors hands forever, pending some unforseen circumstance.There are only a handful of Urlacher collectors and Urlacher himself who own the best of the best gamers out there. It's a true fact. For people that were asleep at the wheel and decided not to anty up, im sorry to say that there are not many out there for sale now that he has retired and maybe too late to acquire one with all of the mentioned qualities... If you want a great use gamer of his be prepared to pay atleast 5k, thats all im saying. Dont hold your breath and think a blue light special discount is in your future.... Be Well!!!
    Here's where I respectfully disagree with you.

Not all collectors have the same requirements for a game used jersey as you do. Some don't care about the stats, patches, or game use. You assume you are speaking for most Urlacher game used collectors, but I don't see how that's possible.

The orange alternate showed plenty of game use despite being washed, the captain patch didn't exist until 2 years later, and many of Urlacher's GU weren't hemmed before 2007.

An auction is an auction, I don't think anyone got that jersey on the cheap. The price is a market price at the time of the auction, plain and simple. Are there factors that contribute to that, sure, but the hammer price is what it is.

I understand you prefer what you prefer, more power to you. Many collectors don't share the same preferences you do, that's the beauty of collecting.