Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 73 of 190 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    I think the Bears are going to be big spenders and might need all the money they can get to make a big splash again.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    I think the Bears are going to be big spenders and might need all the money they can get to make a big splash again.

Yeah, but the way they made it sound is they just outright released them, with no talk of trade, of other teams offering to buy out the players contracts. Doesn't appear that making money was the idea on this move.

The Bears have never been a team to make the smartest off season decisions either...

Yeah, but the way they made it sound is they just outright released them, with no talk of trade, of other teams offering to buy out the players contracts. Doesn't appear that making money was the idea on this move.

The Bears have never been a team to make the smartest off season decisions either...
    What value did any of the 3 really have? Harris has been hurt for 3 years and ineffective most of the time. Hillenmeyer was concussed for a year, and Shaffer was ineffective as well. I wasn't aware that you had to buy out an NFL contract, they aren't guaranteed, and Harris at a 2.5 M roster bonus due, I had a feeling he was a goner.

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    What value did any of the 3 really have? Harris has been hurt for 3 years and ineffective most of the time. Hillenmeyer was concussed for a year, and Shaffer was ineffective as well. I wasn't aware that you had to buy out an NFL contract, they aren't guaranteed, and Harris at a 2.5 M roster bonus due, I had a feeling he was a goner.

Besides liking these guys personally, you are right, they barely made a dent in the recent years. That is not the issue. The money they had in Harris' 4 year - $40 mil extension could have been bought out in a trade negotiation, putting some money back into the Bears pockets, or money and a decent draft pick. Same with Hilley.

Just releasing them does nothing for the franchise. All it does is negate future payments to these guys. But, you can't tell me that Harris is not worth a contract buyout, or a draft pick, on a trade? Where the hell was the logic there. Why not try to get some money back?

Package Hilley & Harris together for a 1st and 3rd rounder, or even a 2nd & a 4th. SOMETHING, ya know.

Releasing them is saving money, but when you could of made money (either via cash, or draft picks), there is just no logic behind the move. And, as I said, the Bears have never been known for making the most logic off season decisions. Scratch that - that a**hole Jerry Angelo has never been known for making the most logical off season decisions....

Harris has been on thin ice for awhile so no surprise there but I'll miss Hunter.

Besides liking these guys personally, you are right, they barely made a dent in the recent years. That is not the issue. The money they had in Harris' 4 year - $40 mil extension could have been bought out in a trade negotiation, putting some money back into the Bears pockets, or money and a decent draft pick. Same with Hilley.

Just releasing them does nothing for the franchise. All it does is negate future payments to these guys. But, you can't tell me that Harris is not worth a contract buyout, or a draft pick, on a trade? Where the hell was the logic there. Why not try to get some money back?

Package Hilley & Harris together for a 1st and 3rd rounder, or even a 2nd & a 4th. SOMETHING, ya know.

Releasing them is saving money, but when you could of made money (either via cash, or draft picks), there is just no logic behind the move. And, as I said, the Bears have never been known for making the most logic off season decisions. Scratch that - that a**hole Jerry Angelo has never been known for making the most logical off season decisions....
    I liked all 3 players as well, especially Harris and Hillenmeyer, but I'm not sure they have much trade value in this case. Harris has been hurt for 3 years and never performed to the extension he received, Hillenmeyer was concussed all of the 2010 season. I don't see any team forking over even an 2nd and 4th for both or either players, that's a big chance on injured players that aren't getting any younger, 28 (Harris) and 31 (Hillenmeyer.) Trading draft picks for aging, injured vets is too much of a risk, but that's just my opinion.

As a fan, I would have liked the Bears to keep both, I think Harris' play was improving a bit and Hillenmeyer could have competed for his job this year. At least we could have held on to them and see what happens.

Angelo is one of the worst GM's ever. Why is it that Angelo announces to the NFL world that he'll let a player go if he can't trade him? Genius move Jerry, you just took your own leverage away. Don't get me started on Angelo's drafting !!

Ohh good gaawwd.......... it's the off-season and I'm so bored.
    There's nothing available but benchwarmer nobody crap on ebay or JO's overpriced shelfwarmers.
    I'm so bored I did a straight even-up trade Briggs-for Briggs with forum member Matt Jenski.
    It's that bad.

Oh well, at least this is a beauty........and hammered!

Lance Briggs, game worn on Nov. 12, 2009 vs. the 49ers

34 That Briggs jersey is AWESOME! what kind of hanger is that on?

Thanks 67, it's just a regular hanger but it has a set of football shoulder pads between it and the jersey.

Banned

Did the jersey get a bath? I really liked it in its original form!
    var YAHOO = {'Shortcuts' : {}};if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") { var YAHOO = {};}YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {};YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = false;YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = [];YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0;YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "djnos7@yahoo.com";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_ur l = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.version = "2.10.0";YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {};YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSetID = "599b3067236d9334ee6b1f2a2e9e0070";