Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 51 of 190 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

An item from the JO sale, I love this piece, great wear and found a photo match on Getty as well.

Awesome Peanut, Jim! I'm feeling one of his gamers in my future, as well.

In the meantime.....

Gentlemen, I present to you: The Holy Grail.......

Pre-1984 Walter Payton game used home jersey

It has several small dings in the shoulder areas, a couple of hits on the back numbers and some scuffs on the stripes but not much wear overall. That fact would foster a doubt except I know the origin of this piece and it's rock-solid. I've known its original owner for 15 years and tried to talk him out of this piece for almost as long.
    "Pre-GHS" Bears jerseys are impossible to find, much less a Payton, so when finally given the opportunity to own this I mortgaged the farm to get it. I've only ever seen one other Payton gamer from this era and it belongs to our fearless leader, Roger Gibson.

I got this little gem from a good friend a while back. This is the Charles Tillman alternate jersey from the Lions game in 2007.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

That Sweetness is one of the nicest pieces I've seen on even this site in my short time here, a thing of pure beauty. If I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I'm coming to see it in person bro! I'm a little embarrassed to soil the code on this page after that thing but at least I'm not first

Kellen Davis GU 11/29/09 vs. Vikes with a nice hole and hit marks on the right shoulder and purple paint and an artificial surface scuff on the left one....

I was wondering who got the Kellen Davis! I got there too late. Nice pick-up!
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Wow, some incredible jerseys posted recently !!

Rick, thanks for the compliment, your Payton leaves me speechless, fabulous pickup !!

DaBears - Love the Peanut, I wish mine was a shade of orange

TerryZ - Nice Kellen Davis with good wear, wish he was more involved in the offense.

Bears Throwbacks are on the market at JO. I inquired about a select few jerseys and here's what I got -

Urlacher - $10k
    Briggs - $3k
    Peppers - $6k
    Forte - $6k
    Olsen - $3k

I'm not sure who all else they have, but I can imagine they have most players. These are just the ones I inquired about personally.

Yep, I'll definitely be buying my first one........

about a year from now when the prices drop back to somewhere close to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    .....about a year from now when the prices drop back to somewhere close to reality.
    I agree. We all know that prices drop after they hit the secondary market. I am just interested to see how much.

Or, in another scenario, they will sit, as did the Orange Alts.....

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    I agree. We all know that prices drop after they hit the secondary market. I am just interested to see how much.

Or, in another scenario, they will sit, as did the Orange Alts.....

I'm with you guys... As badly as I want one of these jerseys, I'm going to wait a while to pick one up. JO is fantastic and all, but these prices are WAY out of my league.