Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

Except for Shipp_96 USF helmet, has anybody else have any Wounded Warrior gamers? Hawaii sold all 105 jerseys in their auction and Boston College did the same with their jerseys earlier this year. I think besides USF, Texas Tech and South Carolina also wore Wounded Warrior jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by beaglegypsy003 View Post
    Except for Shipp_96 USF helmet, has anybody else have any Wounded Warrior gamers? Hawaii sold all 105 jerseys in their auction and Boston College did the same with their jerseys earlier this year. I think besides USF, Texas Tech and South Carolina also wore Wounded Warrior jerseys.
    Man, I am sorry I missed that auction. That is the nicest Wounded Warrior jersey I have ever seen! Nice pickup!!

Hey snick33,

I wanted to update a previous story of mine and give you some hope! I literally badgered the University of Oregon for a month about missing decals from a helmet I won that were shown in the auction, but removed before it shipped. Well, good news! Today via FedEx I was sent a brand new sheet of # decals for my helmet, to replace the ones they removed from the AD.

Just letting you know if you are persistent ND may come thru for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    Hey snick33,

I wanted to update a previous story of mine and give you some hope! I literally badgered the University of Oregon for a month about missing decals from a helmet I won that were shown in the auction, but removed before it shipped. Well, good news! Today via FedEx I was sent a brand new sheet of # decals for my helmet, to replace the ones they removed from the AD.

Just letting you know if you are persistent ND may come thru for you.
    Shipp I contacted Notre Dame about the Bowl Decal. Talked directly to the Equipment Manager. He told me i would have to take that up with Stiener. Wasn't much help. Stiener said that's how they got it. How bad do you think that effects the value? Even tho I can photo match it.

Quote Originally Posted by snick33 View Post
    Shipp I contacted Notre Dame about the Bowl Decal. Talked directly to the Equipment Manager. He told me i would have to take that up with Stiener. Wasn't much help. Stiener said that's how they got it. How bad do you think that effects the value? Even tho I can photo match it.
    Hey snick,

Sorry to hear that. That's kind of bogus the ND Equipment Manager passed the buck to Steiner...pretty lame honestly. I'd say if you look on ebay you might find someone that sells Bowl game decals that are pretty close to the real deal if you really want to have it on there for your own piece of mind. However, that would be something to consider. Personally, I do not add or take anything off of my game worn helmets unless it was supplied by the school (like the # decals I just received), since they are legitimate. So again, it's your call.

Now as for value, IMO the Bowl logo does adds value since it is a significant game. However, with the decal removed I think you still can get decent value if you state exactly what you documented on here. You photo matched it, you called the Equipment Manager at ND who was a tool, and Steiner were no help. To me that shows evidence of it use and the lack of cooperation by the parties involved in helping you replace the decal. It's really a shame ND were of so little help, but not much more you can do.

If you are hanging on to it for your personal collection I would just leave it as is knowing it's from the Bowl game. That's my two cents anyways.

SHIPP Thats my plan to leave it as is. My last thing to try is ask the Player if he has any knowledge. I actually spoke to him 2 nights ago. I dont plan on selling it I was just trying to judge value.

Thanks for all the help

Just had an exhausting coast to coast, then back flight in under 2 days. But came home and found out I won this! Maxwell Football Club Collegiate Coach of the Year and Big Ten Coach of the Year Bill O'Brien signed game issued Penn State helmet, won from the University.

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    Just had an exhausting coast to coast, then back flight in under 2 days. But came home and found out I won this! Maxwell Football Club Collegiate Coach of the Year and Big Ten Coach of the Year Bill O'Brien signed game issued Penn State helmet, won from the University.
    Wanted to make a correction to this. The helmet came today, one day after the auction ended. I have NEVER got anything from east to west coast so quick in my life from an auction! Also, the helmet is USED and not issued as advertised. It shows moderate use but usage nonetheless. Possibly a lower string players helmet. Very happy with it!

i was able to pick a fine lineman's 1996 gamer from my beloved NC State today. The recertification stick under a cheek pad is showing 1996, the four facemask clips are dated 2/96 and the Schutt facemask shows a "FIC" for June 1993. Nice battle scars up top. Shows some yellowing and may be due to lighting or other factors due to where it was kept by the prior owner.

Nice and heavy...with good wear...enjoy!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Just picked up this Aaron Bates MSU Jersey for the collection

Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org