Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

Quote Originally Posted by tom1315 View Post
    i was able to pick a fine lineman's 1996 gamer from my beloved NC State today. The recertification stick under a cheek pad is showing 1996, the four facemask clips are dated 2/96 and the Schutt facemask shows a "FIC" for June 1993. Nice battle scars up top. Shows some yellowing and may be due to lighting or other factors due to where it was kept by the prior owner.

Nice and heavy...with good wear...enjoy!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate
    Tom,

Nice addition to your NC State collection. I know you love adding helmets from your Alma Mater when you get the opportunity!

I've been so busy after my move and teaching I've had zero time to post in quite a while. My partners and I have been busy buying a lot of Gopher related items, most of which are now up on our website for those who follow our growing Minnesota Gophers collection.

Here's the biggest pain in the rear collectible I've ever puchased; Gophers football locker used in their practice facility. This one was last used by QB/WR MarQueis Gray. We also picked up two more of current starters. It took three hours and three trips in two trucks to pick up the lockers and foot lockers (not pictured). Each locker weighed 250 lbs.

We're working on putting together Matt's sports room so when we're done with that, I'll get pictures up. You will not be dissapointed!

Shawn
    www.gopherjerseys.com
    gridironheroes22@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Shipp_96", thanks for the kind words. I was very pleased to add another gamer from NC State to the collection.

Shawn aka "Gridiron Heroes"...very cool acquisition to your Gopher collection. The football locker makes a very impressive display piece for the jerseys and helmets. Are the two helmets up top and the jerseys MarQueis Gray's actual gear? If so that is really cool to have all paired together.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Hi Tom,

We only have one of MarQueis' away jerseys, but have one more from this season on the way. We just set up the helmets and other stuff for display.

Shawn
    gridrionheroes22@yahoo.com
    www.gopherjerseys.com

Picked up this Spartans helmet. I believe practice worn 2002 as there is a mailing label from the MSU Atheltic Department dated Fed of 2003. But since no numbers on the back am assuming practice or sent to be refurbished but never was?

Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

After watching and bidding on numerous jerseys, only ended up winning one from the Academy's auction. This 2011 NAVY QB Trey Miller "rookie" jersey, which he wore as a Sophomore. Miller now wears #1 since they changed their jersey style and he was (initially) named the starter in 2012. For only winning one jersey, happy that this was won with my minimum bid!

Monquiz Wedlow signed and game worn Michigan State Spartans jersey

www.photobucket.com/msugameworn
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Super rare helmet from my other Alma Mater, Shippensburg Red Raiders game worn helmet. They wore this style up until 2010.

Any ideas of where I could find Alabama Crimson Tide game used football items? I'm looking for a jersey or football. I've searched on eBay, but no luck. The only game used item I have of Alabama is a chin strap. Really want a football.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    Any ideas of where I could find Alabama Crimson Tide game used football items? I'm looking for a jersey or football. I've searched on eBay, but no luck. The only game used item I have of Alabama is a chin strap. Really want a football.
    Ive seen stuff on
    http://auctions.cbssports.com/index.cfm
    Hope that helps