Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

Sean Taylor GU Miami Jersey

Tom Zbikowski GU Notre Dame Jersey

Here are some game-used football jerseys from my alma mater, UAB. All of the players in the group photo made it to the NFL with the most prominent being Pro-Bowl wideout Roddy White (#10) of the Atlanta Falcons and Bryan Thomas (#46) of the New York Jets. Both players were first-round draft choices; not bad for a school whose football program has been Division I for less than 15 years.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League and Atlanta Falcons uniforms.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Who is the NC State jersey? Is there a nameplate on the back?

Thanks

Just added this 2011 Gary Gray jersey to the helmet. Jersey shows a few hit marks and a repair.

This helmet does not have the Bowl decal on the back. But im going to ask you guys to chime in. Does this look like a match to the bowl game? To me it does. Wondering why no decal?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

snick33, looks spot on to me. Odd the bowl decal is not on the rear of the helmet yet I have a 2004 Cotton Bowl helmet worn by Corey Larkins from the University of Tennessee and the cross decal worn for that game was removed. The glue residue remains in place but the decal was removed.

I see three scars from the picture that match on your helmet. Maybe consider shooting an email to the equipment manager and ask why the bowl decal is missing? You can find his email I suspect on the Notre Dame listing of coaches and other key personnel. Let us know what you learn.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Quote Originally Posted by snick33 View Post
    Just added this 2011 Gary Gray jersey to the helmet. Jersey shows a few hit marks and a repair.

This helmet does not have the Bowl decal on the back. But im going to ask you guys to chime in. Does this look like a match to the bowl game? To me it does. Wondering why no decal?
    Nice match snick33!

To answer your question, there is no good answer. Equipment Managers are weird squirrelly people. I have won helmets I have exact photo matches to, and the Manager has removed the players back #, special decals, etc. Each school is different, some even leave all the decals. But it's sadly a common practice to remove certain #s or decals.

I even won a helmet that SHOWED pictures of the player's # and a memorial decal on the back, but by the time it was shipped they were taken off? I contacted the Marketing Director and told him they falsely advertised the product, yet they would not send me replacement decals for the ones they removed. Hope this helps to shed some light from my personal experiences with game worn helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by snick33 View Post

If a player participates in a post season senior all star type game, they may have to remove bowl stickers.

Congrats on the match.

Thanks guys im going to look into a few of these things. Either way im just thrilled to have a new style helmet and the jersey to match. Plus my first photo match.

Hi! I posted this in the December Pick-Ups thread, but wanted to ask the question again.

I just got a Game Ball from the University of MICHIGAN! (Go Blue!) Very excited. On one panel the number "21" is written twice in Silver Sharpie. Anyone know what that could mean? Is it just ball number 21 out of 25 or something? Or is this a touchdown ball from Junior Hemingway, in the 2008 season (the Wilson code letters match it to Feb of 2008 for when it was made. So, perhaps used in the '08 season or after.)

-- Tim

Quote Originally Posted by jdr3 View Post
    Jim-Great topic idea!
    awesome NC State and Georgetown jerseys.
    is the State jersey from 1983 championship team/year ?
    thx