Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Would love to see more College Football Game Stuff on here!!!

I would love to see some college football game stuff on here. Nice to see the baseball stuff but for us College collectors let see some of your favorite stuff!!

Banned

Re: Would love to see more College Football Game Stuff on here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UGA016 View Post
    I would love to see some college football game stuff on here. Nice to see the baseball stuff but for us College collectors let see some of your favorite stuff!!
    How about a nice UGA helmet? Here’s a vintage 1970’s game worn used University of Georgia (UGA) Bulldogs Riddell Kra-Lite suspension football helmet. The helmet shows plenty of wear and tear but it still has its original Riddell suspension webbing and Warning label on the inside of the helmet. Also written inside of the helmet is the number 88. Although the helmet looks like a Alabama helmet, the seller provided the following information on the helmet:

If you will throw in ten bucks for shipping, its yours. While your thinking about it, I'll give you a little background on the helmet. Its an old (60's) helmet from the University of Georgia. The reason It has the Alabama style numbers on the sides is that it was last used in practice to simulate an Alabama player. UGA like most colleges, has the scout team (B-team) run the next opponent's offence and defense against the Georgia offence and defense. I don't know if number 32 was an Alabama offensive or defensive player, but he was someone that the Georgia players were keying on. I played for UGA 67 thru 70. I acquired the helmet as the result of a charity/old-timers football game in about 1976. The UGA Athletic Department donated some old equipment for the game.

The seller appears to have made a typo as to when the helmet was actually worn. Since the helmet is a Riddell Model Kra-Lite – 8 with a white interior, it was probably worn between 1970 and up to around 1973.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

I have many UGA Game Used Pieces. UGA-1 I got the Bailey. He has great UGA pieces. The rest I obtained through my UGA inside connect!! GOOOO DAWWGGSS!! Pollack Game Helmet, Greene shockley game used 2001 jersey, Pollack game used 2004 jersey and bailey game jersey!!

With College Football just around the corner (yeah!) and my new personal disdain for the NFL after what is clearly a league of haves and have mores, I wanted to dust off this old thread, instead of starting a new one.
    Though I have many Penn State Alum NFL game used items, I will stick to showing my college worn items only.

The one non PSU college item I love, a NAVY game worn helmet. Bought from the Academy in Annapolis. I do also own a football players game worn jacket, but I wear it because it fits me and was only $10!

Daryll Clark signed and game worn cleat.

Bani Gbadyu
    signed and game worn cleats.

I also have tons of in-person Penn State signed retail helmets and photos as well. PSU are very tough to get legitimate items from that are game used, especially of their star players. Sadly, that is why I own so much of the alums items once they play in the NFL, because it is much more accessible and affordable (sometimes).

Here are some of my University of Hawaii football jerseys:
    #35 early 1980s
    #26 1992 Holiday Bowl
    #21 2010 Kealoha Pilares (5th round draft pick of the Carolina Panthers)
    #4 Nate Ilaoa

Name:  1313220157433.jpg
Views: 2065
Size:  12.7 KB

Name:  1313220217069.jpg
Views: 2811
Size:  17.4 KB

Name:  1313220379474.jpg
Views: 1936
Size:  15.1 KB

Name:  1313220695102.jpg
Views: 1761
Size:  12.8 KB

Nevada Las Vegas
    www.houseofbasket.com

Eric Metcalf Texas Gamer...we forget how great he was! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCcrggG8u_8

Quote Originally Posted by beaglegypsy003 View Post
    Here are some of my University of Hawaii football jerseys:
    #35 early 1980s
    Who manufactured your early 1980s #35?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Who manufactured your early 1980s #35?

thanks
    It is a gold label Russell Athletic size L, so I would date it as pre 1982. Any help in narrowing

Quote Originally Posted by beaglegypsy003 View Post
    It is a gold label Russell Athletic size L, so I would date it as pre 1982. Any help in narrowing
    I would think game photos would be the only way to distinguish Hawaii jersey styles. Yes, pre-1982. Could be from the mid to late 70s.