Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Help with identitfying jersey logo please!!!!

Yeah, the fact that it says MLB Logo patch, means that it's not a fake card. But, with the credibility of the GU items that the card companies are getting lately, it may not actually be a game worn MLB Logo.

But, LastingsMilledge85 - Yeah, the cut up all sorts of great memorabilia to put into cards. I used to collect only cards until a few years ago when I decided that I'd like to have the entire jersey, not just a 1in x 1in square of it. There are cards of all sorts of memorabilia. Babe Ruth (and any other major superstar you can think of) bat piece, jersey, etc.

To be honest, I somewhat wish that I didn't know about all of the illegitimate jerseys that there are out there because I always thought that I have a real piece of jersey that some athlete wore in my cards... now, that's all in question. Topps (or any company) gets their jerseys from the same place we do... auction houses, eBay, team sources, etc. But, IMO, they don't do as much research, they just take it for what somebody says it is and cut it up and put it in cards. Once it's been cut up, there's no way for anybody to research it anymore and the proof is gone.

Anyway, it was a bit off topic, but since you asked the question about "would they really cut up a jersey like that", I figured I'd chime in.

Is the ard worth spending $25?

If it was a 1/1 Logo Patch & auto of my favorite player, I'd buy it for $25 for sure. I've paid much more than that for non-game used or autographed 1/1 cards of Chris Snee (my favorite player).