Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sports Memorabilia Collector Software

Anyone use some type of sports memorabilia collector software to manage their collection? If so, what do you use?

Re: Sports Memorabilia Collector Software

good question.

i use excel to organize my inventory. very versatile for sorting.

i know there are some vb general type software available. would be interesting to know the sorting capability or reports that can be printed out using the software too. cost and links would be appreciated too.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Here's a program I was considering trying for $15:

http://lignup.com/collecting-organiz...-software.html

It's called The LignUp Multi-Collector. Looks pretty cool and versatile, and it's a matter of whether or not I'll actually take the time to use it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

I just use Excel. I can use it on any machine, without having to worry about installing software and I can easily strip it down to a trade list and share it with anyone. And the price is pretty good...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

I have been using Excel as well, but I saw this post and figured what the heck, why not try that software. The free version is complete garbage. You can't edit the templates. So I spent the $15 and have been archiving my Texas Rangers collection ever since. Once you setup the template to work for you, it's really cool. I can have all of my pics with the item and scan my coa's in as well. There is a place to add in web links, so I have some links to the box scores where an item was used. Overall, I really like it. The $15 sale ends this weekend.

Here are a couple of screenshots:
    Main Menu:
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 814
Size:  153.9 KB

Item Screen:
    Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 715
Size:  73.3 KB

That's pretty cool, Packfan!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Packerfan, Does this software have an Excel merge feature? It looks nice, but would be way too much work to reenter all of the items from the excel file.

Looks like you can only import .csv files into the program. Can you convert an ExCel file to a csv?

Here is another shot of the main menu. I like this layout better since you can see the items to the right. Really is fun to use. It also adds up the value of your collection, what you paid, and what it is valued at which shows up when you use the stats icon.

Name:  Capture3.JPG
Views: 799
Size:  209.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by packfan84 View Post
    Looks like you can only import .csv files into the program. Can you convert an ExCel file to a csv?

Yes. In Excel, just do a save as and change the file type. Question would be how customizable the import feature is... might need to tailor the excel file fields to match the new software or might not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    Yes. In Excel, just do a save as and change the file type. Question would be how customizable the import feature is... might need to tailor the excel file fields to match the new software or might not.
    You have to define the spreadsheet for import by matching it to the fields (thumbnail, title, player, type of item, etc)on the program with the fields on your spreadsheet, which should be defined on the first row. Has anyone tried? Would save a lot of time.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.