Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: I'm now officially the most craziest collector out there...

Robert

I met up with Suave, TNToys (Jason and Nick) at the Mets Steiner party last Tuesday. All I needed to do was ask Bob Malandro who were the guys from the forum.

Sorry we didn't get to meet you.

I think most of the jackets on the racks were from coaches but I thought there was at least one player jacket (no. 20 Shawn Green i think)

David

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    You're a sick man. If you like it, I'm glad you got it. He signed it game used, I don't want to know what games they were playing in the shower

Well if it was the "YANK"ee locker room, they were probably playin "put the bat in the back rack"...

haah

David,I saw the #20 jacket. It was going for $200. I feel better ,for a minute I thought there was a #7,21,or 13 in there.I was sitting with my son,in the first row of seats just foul of the foul pole. Interesting item that was put up for bid was home plate(with a lot of use on it)from 2006. I think it went for $600.
    During last years playoffs I remember Cliff Floyd being pestered about where the MLB label was on his shower shoes. Being fed up,and to end the questioning he angrily showed them that the label was not on the front.

Banned

Swoboda yes I was there me and Tntoys and MetsBats

Im surprised you didnt recognize I was the only one wearing a Strawbery Jersey lol lol

I saw all the game used jackets there was no big names, everything they brought including the auction stuff was lower end stuff except for the Reyes and I think they had a Wright Jersey

Great game though it was well worth it

You should of asked around it wouldnt have been so bad

I couldnt believe someone bid on the Chavez Home run ball

Swoboda -- ditto what everyone said before me -- you should have asked around. I am sure you would have found us! Jason and I stayed to the very end... but you can't really call us "die-hards" because more than half of the stadium stayed til the end of the game.

I have met Jason on a number of occasions already, but it was the first time I got to meet David (Metsbats).

Overall, a great night...

Game couldn't have been better (especially the way we won... and the "love" the crowd showed for Barry was classic)... Apart from the game, I bid on one item at the event and was beaten by another friend of mine... and his bid took it home too to add insult to injury... It was Jorge Sosa's game used Mother's day home pinstripe jersey w/ pink ribbon. Went for I believe $270, which was not too bad considering what some of the other stuff was going for.
    Another friend of mine went to game 3 of the series, and Steiner apparently was still set up there. He mentioned that they had another 15-ball showcase with 15 single-signed balls of all of the current Mets stars. It went for $800, same as Tuesday night.
    Also, he told me that the leftover BPs and bench jackets were going for fairly cheap. He picked up Royce Ring's because it fit him. I remember it was there on Tuesday... but I am really not much of a jacket collector, so I didn't even give it any thought.

I took about a dozen photos. I have a nice one of myself, my son and Mookie. I also took some shots of the game from the box. I lucked out on Delgado's home run swing in the 4th!! Don't ask me how -- but I predicted this one. I had not taken a single photo of the game until Delgado got up. Not a single Met had gotten a hit to this point. Apart from a single walk, "little Timmy" had retired everyone he faced. I turned to my son and said -- watch, he's going to hit a home run. I lined up my camera and shot... and there it went!!!
    For your enjoyment, here's that photo and one of the scoreboard at the end of the night.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Nick thats a great photo(s)of the HR. Thats about where I was sitting.Probably to your left. I had the "dead soldier" budweiser bottles lined up who banged his head on the overhang when I stood up. There was a guy who sat between us who picked up his pinstriped Gomez Mothers Day jersey(first jersey worn by Gomez by the way-true rookie jersey)with the dirt from his first stolen base on it. I found out that Gomez's jersey went for $600,the Sosa then went for $270. So actually I'm the craziest collector because I bought a Mother's Day Endy Chavez pinstripe for $700(Steiner). But then again thats where Chavez is on the "foodchain" with Wright's jersey going(starting bid) $1,500. When you think of it there's not too many G/U jerseys(pink ribbon) that can be absolutely linked to a game. Chavez made a great catch and hit a double with it. I photo matched a pine tar mark on the left shoulder. Ten years from now were all going to laugh that a Wright jersey went for the low price of $1,500.