Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Bryce Harper Game Used - Bible Bat

Andrew - Awsome pics and thanks for sharing.

I was looking at the bat he used for BP and it was a Marucci with his name instead of a Bible verse.

Did anyone else find it ironic that Harper had a ringside seat to watch Albert Pujols hit homerun #400, considering Pujols is 1) the best player of our generation (if not one of the best of all time) 2) a model of Christian faith and 3) a player drafted in the 13th round with absolutely no hype.

I wish all the best to young Mr. Harper, and encourage him to walk humbly with the Lord, while keeping in mind that just like living your faith, the game of baseball can be harder than it looks.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com

to the author of this thread, how much did you pay for the bible bat if you don't mind me asking..?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by panthrotc View Post
    to the author of this thread, how much did you pay for the bible bat if you don't mind me asking..?
    I'm a bit embarassed to say what I paid, and I'm sure I would receive some negative comments from some forum members. It would just take away my enjoyment of having the bat if I told you how much.

I wrote Marucci Bats today to ask them how many of these bats were produced.

Bill

Wow, I am soooooooo jealous!! That bat is awesome!! I do not buy game bats of players from teams other than the Mariners but I believe I am going to make my first exception in over a decade.
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net
    Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    It's a beautiful bat and it really doesn't matter what he believes in...but from what has been reported this kid in college acted like an arrogant punk on the field. He will clean it up once he grows up, but still.
    From wherever he's currently in exile, Barry Bonds says "hi".

If Harper had endorsed Verizon Wireless on the barrel of his bat, everyone here would be up in arms...and MLB would have banned the bat faster than you could say "product placement". That's what this message is: a product placement. Nothing more or less. What's next "Sarah Palin for President"?
    A players bat should have his name, the team name and a model number. Maybe a jersey number like Miguel Cabrerra...but that's it. You want to sell something...be it a product, an ideology, whatever...do it on your own time.

Now...on to Pujols and LaRussa and the GlenBeckistan rally yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime59 View Post
    If Harper had endorsed Verizon Wireless on the barrel of his bat, everyone here would be up in arms...and MLB would have banned the bat faster than you could say "product placement". That's what this message is: a product placement. Nothing more or less. What's next "Sarah Palin for President"?
    A players bat should have his name, the team name and a model number. Maybe a jersey number like Miguel Cabrerra...but that's it. You want to sell something...be it a product, an ideology, whatever...do it on your own time.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime59 View Post

He isn't endorsing anything. Maybe he just wants a little reminder when he goes to bat.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

I think I disagree with you guys somewhat. I think that it the kid wants to put a Bible verse on the bat, who cares. Like flota said, I don't think he's using it to try and convert people. It's not really any different than when I believe it was Delmon Young, who used bats with "Cool Larry" written on them in honor of his father. It's appears to be the same principle. Both wish to pay respect, I'm guessing, to those whom they credit their success.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com