Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 18 of 145 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Quote Originally Posted by dwolfe12345 View Post
    Mine is definitely closer than most of the people's "photo-matches" on here.
    I disagree. Most of the photo-matches around here are legit matches. Maybe we should start a style match thread?
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Quote Originally Posted by skipcareyisfat View Post
    I disagree. Most of the photo-matches around here are legit matches. Maybe we should start a style match thread?
    One of the two I posted was a "legit" photo-match. I never really looked close enough at the Harrington's because I could not find another game that he wore the shoes with those inscriptions. So I just assumed they were the same and never really looked at every little loop like I did on the Livingston's.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    The Harrington tributes are written in the same hand as the getty pic. No telling if Harrington wrote them himself or had someone else do the writing (ie. equip. manager). It's not a true photo-match, but is a cool collectible.
    You know I always wondered about that as well. But my thoughts on that are if they are personal messages to people then they are probably personally written. Just my opinion though! If I wanted a message written to a family member on my shoes I think it would mean more to write them myself, not have some random person write what I want on them for me.

Also in the autograph the 3's are very similar to the 3 after Takeover. They are bigger and more rushed in the signature, but they look very similar.

I can't tell what's written on the heel in the New Orleans pic, but the writing in the other shot looks similar to what's on your shoes.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

That is sweet piece of Nationals history. I could see them someday wanting to know if they could display that at some team history exhibit. Do they know you own it? Did they auction the bat off? Did you know before buying it that it was first home run bat in the teams history? I know for me, I was just getting red x's on your pictures. Seems to be working now. You have some great Nationals stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by JasonHalliburton View Post
    Here is one of my best....The bat used to hit the first homerun in the Nationals history, at RFK Stadium.

Vinny Castilla MLB Hologrammed 4-14-2007 game used bat.

Quote Originally Posted by skipcareyisfat View Post
    I can't tell what's written on the heel in the New Orleans pic, but the writing in the other shot looks similar to what's on your shoes.
    Since you are going out of your way to attempt to prove me wrong, why dont you prove me wrong with actual evidence?

What I said is there is not another example of "Takeover 3", "IMP Alton" on both sides, and "Blessed" on that style of shoe. He wore that style in January only, and then he went back to the style he wore earlier in the year. I never said he didnt write on shoes, I said there isnt another that has those phrases in those places that I can find. If I had a Getty account I could zoom in on the Phoenix game from Jan 27th 2005, because there looks to be something on the side of those. I just cant read it.

Looks like the Jersey is a match to the photo. Has the same rip in the collar and loose threads in the SOX lettering as seen in the photo. I am not skilled in enhancing photo's, any help would be appreciated. Opinions please.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

I would call this BYU warm-up jersey a "photo-reference" or "style match". It is very hard to find true photo-matches of vintage items. It is very difficult to find any photos of 1970s college basketball warm-ups.

Hey - how do you guys find these close-up photos of players' shoes? I have a Jeff Bagwell pair of cleats but can't find any close-up photo-matches for the front of them. I know they were used between 1997 and 1999, and have found some photomatches for the sides and back, but not the front.

I can find "5", but not the "Bagwell" written below it. Thanks for your help.

Look at the 30th anniversary patch with its fading and the way the Mariners letters line up on the button seam. I do think this is a great match.
    Regards,
    Ty - Visit our online Mariners Museum!
    WWW.FriendsOfCFF.com