Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 81 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Can't stand the Sox but I can defitnetly appreciate a nice bat. That Ortiz bat is awesome. I love seeing bats that have been matched to multiple HRs, really sweet.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

A few new photo-matches to post.

Jerry Rice 2011 Madden launch Flag Football "game used" jersey-NFL Auctions

I also have the 2010 Rice Flag football "game used" jersey but have not found a match yet. The 2011 jersey is much nicer and Rice had it tied up in the back, which was still present when auctioned by the NFL.

Ricky Watters 1994 home non-throwback worn vs the Raiders with team letter. Matched by the loose threads on the front #s. The sleeves were cut very wide and were flapping around quite a bit during the game, thus they were sewn partially closed thereafter.

There are 2 loose threads that match up quite nicely, including the one on the top of the front 3 and on the down sloping medial aspect of the front 3. In my picture of the front of the shirt, the loose thread on the top of the 3 is pressed down against the #, but is there when brushed up.

I have found a match of my Stubblefield gamer with team letter stating it was worn vs. The Eagles as it was also worn vs. The Raiders. The nameplate is a perfect match.

I plan on taking better images of many of these 49er 1994 gamers this weekend, in an attempt to photo/video match as many as I can.

Always buying 49er gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer! Paying a finders fee.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

A better image for the Ricky Watters 1994 non-throwback worn vs. Raiders photo-match.

The two loose threads on the front 3 match perfectly.

Also the sleeve #s and the Wilson W placement is a perfect style match. The sleeves, when the jersey was worn in the game, were cut almost to the armpit and were sewn up after the game. I wonder if RW was planning on wearing this shirt again. He decided to go with a jersey that was cut way short instead. In the next home game vs the Eagles, he wore a jersey similar to Deion Sanders's jersey, which was cut way short.

Pictures of the photo-match, repaired sleeve, size tag (48-which seems big) and of the shirt worn vs the Eagles (cut short) are all posted.

Both shirts have team letters and "Bronco tape". I am going to view the Eagles dvd tonight and try and match up the RW from that game as well as a few others.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ANY 1994 49ers gamer! Paying a finders fee!!!
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Martin Prado used the first half of 2009. Clearest Photomatch was June 12, 2009 at Baltimore
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Martin Prado used the first half of 2009. Clearest Photomatch was June 12, 2009 at Baltimore
    That is a style match, but definitely not a photo match. The white mark next to the 125th anniversary logo is much closer in the photo than it is on your bat.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    That is a style match, but definitely not a photo match. The white mark next to the 125th anniversary logo is much closer in the photo than it is on your bat.
    Actually, like the residue that looks white above his hands, some of the marks were removed by continued use by Prado and faded over time while he used it and the collector who owned it before me while he got it signed admitted to "cleaning it up."
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

You can see the actual bat better than I can so that is definitely a possibility. I am trying to find more matches, but there isn't many 2009 Prado pictures. I cant even find the photo of him wearing the #1 jersey I used to see all the time. Great looking bat though. That is my favorite style Prado bat. I always watched the ones Zane had.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Actually, like the residue that looks white above his hands, some of the marks were removed by continued use by Prado and faded over time while he used it and the collector who owned it before me while he got it signed admitted to "cleaning it up."
    The white residue is just the pine tar. They use rosin and it sticks and makes it white, but once the moisture gets to the rosin it is no longer white.
    Russell Wuerffel
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Another nice photo-match obtained while watching the 49ers-Chargers 1994 regular season game.

I have been watching various 94 49er games in an attempt to photo-match as many of my 49er gamers as possible. I was watching the 49er-Charger video in an attempt to match up my Steve Young, Deion or Rice shirts but came up with other matches along the way.

Steve Young, during the game, took very few hits thus his jersey is extremely clean at the game's end. Photo-matching this type of jersey is not easy as there are few identifying marks, hits, repairs etc. Use of the placement of the NFL shield as well as the Wilson sleeve W and 75th patch can help. Loose threads can also be quite the savior.

In general these DVDs suck in terms of quality compared to todays technology, which makes matching that much harder.

One shirt that did have a fantastic match is my Ken Norton Jr. which has a huge blue shoulder mark that matches perfectly.

During the game his jersey got quite dirty but after being washed, it has lost 95% of that "game use". It is such a shame that teams washed and then sold their shirts. The fact that many teams re-used their gamers contributed to there washing.

As I watch more game film I will post more matches.

Always buying 49ers gamers and paying a hefty finders fee!
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Demarcus Ware Photo-matched GU Jersey and pants. 10/1/06 Dallas at Tennessee.

Not sure if my pics are good enough but if you look close you can see the markings on the right shoulder