Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 25 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Well, yet again I have found another photomatch.

And here's the only matches I could find from the previous game:

There is a loss of paint from the bat weight, and there is a small portion that had a little "hump" taken off, which I believe can be seen in this picture:

With the way "11" is written more to the right, PLUS the fact that it lines up with his name on the barrel, I'd consider this a really nice match:

1. on how many of his bats did renteria likely use a batting donut?
    2. on how many of those bats would the donut fall into the same place every single time?
    3. do batting donuts typically leave impressions after numerous use?
    4. on how many of his bats did renteria likely write his number, in silver sharpie, in similar penmanship?

the photos don't do it for me. in the first one, what you've circled isn't the same exact, uniquely-shaped absence of paint. it's, at best, a very blurry and faint smudge. maybe not even that. i'm squinting at it and i still can't tell what it is. maybe it's not even a donut impression. looking at it, it may be a dent. maybe a smear. it's not even clear what the image shows much less that it's undoubtedly the exact same donut impression as seen on your bat. in other words, there's doubt. kyle, you've got a sharp eye but sometimes i feel you're really stretching things. you know what a photomatch is; it leaves absolutely no doubt. it's not 2 vague, blurry, blobs whose only similarly is their approximate placement.

rudy.

kingjammy- I do understand that the screenshots aren't perfect photomatches, but they were the best I could find. I only called them photomatches because they atleast had similairities before I found video of them breaking the bat. I knew for a fact that both bats were used between April - July of 2007. I searched through every at-bat of theirs until I found the same breaks, then I went back a game or two to see if anything looked the same, which is where those matches came from.

For the Thorman, you were right about the last picture. I'm not sure what I was looking at when I first saw the video, but the bat rack mark doesn't look present.

For the Renteria, I considered the second picture a photomatch mainly because the way his number is written lined up with his name on the barrel, along with the fact the number is written just a tad bit more to the right. To find two bats of the same model, from the same year, broken in the same way, written in the same exact position would seem pretty much impossible, which is why I consider the Renteria to be a photomatch. And for the doughnut impression, I compared that by first turning the bat in the opposite direction, since that's the way it is in the screen shot, with the Marucci logo not present. Then I saw that there was a little "lump" of paint missing in that specific spot instead of just a straight line of paint missing, which is how I was matching that. It looks to me like the same little lump in the screenshot

Well i finally have a Brewers bat that is nicely photomatched and here it is. I got the bat from a forum member when i visited Milwuakee for game 3 of the NLDS. I had no idea at the time it could be matched to so many games. The MLB holo database had the bat as being cracked on May 20th vs pitt so i figured since the bat had so much use that it may have been used in games before this. I contacted Kyle Hess (photomatch expert) and asked him if he would compile screen shorts and other pictures. He just e-mailed me the finished matches and video of braun breaking the bat. Here are Braun's numbers while using the bat.

May 13- braun started using bat but its not clear what inning
    May 14- 0-4
    May 15- braun used 2 bats during this game one being lvs which he broke. He then used this sam bat to hit a solo HR in the 8th inning.
    May 17-
    Game 1 DH- 3/5 solo HR off Papelbon
    Game 2 DH- 0-5
    May 18- 2-4, 2HR, 4 RBI
    May 20- 2-3 broken bat RBI single in the 5th inning

Overall that i know of- 8-22, 4 HR, 7 RBI

Here are the different photomatches from the games.

May 13th knob match

May 17 Barrel match

May 18 ball mark match

May 17 looks to be knob match

May 18 looks to be knob match

May 20 1st inning weight donut marks

weight donut marks

A big thank you goes out to Kyle for helping me with this bat and also a big thank you goes out to JR for trading me this bat.
    Collecting current Brewers players and Prospects

brewergamer28@yahoo.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hey kyle

a photomatch is a photomatch; it leaves no doubts. there aren't varying degrees of matches. if you can't conclusively show it, then it isn't one. we've all been in situations where something was kinda, sorta close and if we squinted really hard and convinced ourselves, then maybe we could call it a photomatch but that's not how it works. anyone who does so is only fooling themselves.

there are some things i want to point out here in the way you're seeing and comparing things. first, the donut ring:

the image on the left clearly shows paint, chipped off the bat in a very clear and specific pattern. there is no doubt in my mind, in seeing the photo on the left, that the paint has chipped off and i can see exactly how and where. you then look at the picture on the right and say it's a match. kyle, i can't even tell what the hell the thing on the right is. i can't tell any paint has chipped off. i can't even tell it's a donut impression much less what the specific shape of it is in order to say it's the exact same donut impression. i can't see anything except some light smear. it doesn't even look remotely close to the photo on the left. is it even a donut impression? maybe it's just a photographic artifact or remnant. some lint on the lens perhaps. look at the picture on the right and tell me conclusively that definitely it's a donut impression. i think it's a massive leap with no photographic evidence. you were working backwards; you had already decided they were the same bat (via the dates, etc) so to you any barely recognizable blemish (or even completely unrecognizable in this case) simply further justified it all.

here's another one:

are these the exact same mark? do the photos leave absolutely no doubt? it may possibly be the same mark but you can't be certain from the photos. the mlb.tv photo simply doesn't have enough detail. they're somewhat similar but somewhat similar isn't enough for a photomatch. it's either exact or it isn't. "kinda, sorta" don't make for a photomatch. they make for "kinda, sorta".

"I considered the second picture a photomatch mainly because the way his number is written lined up with his name on the barrel"

here's the image you provided from mlb.tv. i haven't altered it in any way from what you posted. how can you tell how the number lines up with the name on the barrel from this photo? i can't even see the name on the barrel. are you saying you can?

all i'm saying is that on some things, you nail the photo match. look what a nice job you did on the felipe lopez helmet. perfect:

it doesn't leave any doubt does it? the shapes are obviously the same. it's as clear as day. but on others, you make some massive leaps, photomatching fuzzy specs to fuzzy specs. you know what a photomatch is. many of yours are spot on, but some others are just out in left field.
    i just don't want to see this whole thing degenerate to the point where we're all so overeager to get a match that we're producing garbage matches, saying, for example, that a clear paint chipped donut impression is indeed the same as that fuzzy, squiggly blob.

rudy.

I agree with Rudy that an item is "photomatched" only if the bat, jersey, ect... is clearly and obviously, without a doubt the bat, jersey, ect... shown in the photo.

However one thing to ponder. If you have a bat or so and the authentication states "broken in the 5th inning of the 5/30/08 game," if you find a photo of that player at bat in the 5th inning of the 5/30/08 game, is that a photomatch? Afterall, if the authentication is correct then it should be that bat the player is using in that photo. Even if no distinguishable marks are evident. Or would that photo be considered something else, "authentication-matched" maybe?
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Banned

I think there is a lot of good effort here, and many times it pays off to finding a match. I have to admit sometimes I start seeing marks that I think make something a match. Of all the bats I have handled, very few are as good of a match as the 2004 Beltran bat from 8/27/2004 vesus the Chicago Cubs. I just wish I was as talended as Kyle and others to transpose my bat to the image to show the bats right next to each other.

Attachment 17882

Attachment 17881

Alex Gordon Autographed Negro League Jersey and pants from 6/22/2008. Below are picture of my jersey and pictures of my jersey transposed on top of other pictures of Gordon wearing the jersey. For some reason they washed the jersey, but not the pants. The proof is in the pinstripes

Photomatched Tim Lincecum 2008 Cy Young Game Used Negro League jersey with pants worn 6/22/2008 against the Royals. Below are pictures of my jersey as well as game pictures with pictures of my jersey transposed.

Just got this Casey Kotchman game used broken bat direct from the Atlanta Braves. According to the MLB Hologram, this bat was broken on September 16th, 2008. I checked MLB.tv and they showed an amazing slow-motion replay of him breaking the bat. I also photomatched the bat to September 14th in Shea Stadium. I still have more games and more photomatches to find.

September 14th Shea Stadium Photomatches:

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    Photomatched Tim Lincecum 2008 Cy Young Game Used Negro League jersey with pants worn 6/22/2008 against the Royals. Below are pictures of my jersey as well as game pictures with pictures of my jersey transposed.

Awesome jersey. Congrats!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500