Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned

Re: note to steiner : STOP SELLING BLANK TEAM ISSUED YANKS JERSEY!

Actually S.Carter your wrong about that, becuz Steiner will sell third party items and if its Game Used item they would have to Issue an LOA for it bcuz JSA or PSA/DNA Would be for the autograph.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by s.carter
    Just have to chime in here on some incorrect info I read here, Steiner does not authenticate third party items. That is about as incorrect as can be. Having dealt with them and speaking to their reps I can say 100% Steiner Sports only authenticates items signed in the prescence of one of their company representatives. As for game used they have everything authenticated through Deloitte and Touche and the MLB program as it is pulled off the field. Anything they sell that is third party is usually authenticated through JSA or PSA/DNA. Just had to chime in there.
    That is fine, as I never stated myself (someone else did) that they authenticate 3rd party items. I do remember years ago they bought The Gloria Rothstein collection and sold items with their holograms on it that they bought from long time promoter Gloria Rothstein. I do not personally know if this practice exists anymore, but your statment is that it doesn't.

suave and carter,
    reid mentioned that steiner authenticates customers items. that is not true. i have never seen them sell third party authenticated game used items (PSA, MEARS, ect.), but they do sell third party authenticated autographed items. as i mentioned earlier, i do not like this practice. you can not send in any item to be authenticated by steiner. also, they dont deal with D&T so much anymore. they used to use them for the yankees game used items they sold, but now they work directly with the yankees and authenticate the items themselves (jerseys, baseballs, ect.). you no longer see the mlb hologram on their yankees items.
    -chris

Banned

bulbus actually your wrong they might nor do it for you bu they will do it. I am not saying that as a put down to you. They just wont do it for the average joe.

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS
    suave and carter,
    also, they dont deal with D&T so much anymore. they used to use them for the yankees game used items they sold, but now they work directly with the yankees and authenticate the items themselves (jerseys, baseballs, ect.). you no longer see the mlb hologram on their yankees items.
    -chris
    Chris is correct that most of the newer Yankees items are not coming with MLB holograms. They have been tagging them with a Steiner Yankees hologram (not numbered) and you got a nice LOA with it.

Banned

MEMBERS OF GAME USED UNIVERSE!!!

It was just brought to my attention by a reliable source that Steiner does not do 3rd Party Authenticating.
    I was under a different impression for a different reason, but it was made clear to me they do not do it.

Hi,
    Though fraud has always been an issue, I think that the reason we see all these Yankees jersey's popping up all of the sudden is because B-4 Steiner, everyone was scared the promote sales of any Yankees jersey's, now since Steiner has flooded the market, they would be hard pressed to prove that the item was "stolen" from them. Stickers can fall off and certs can be lost!! I know that Steiner is not the only one with authentic Yankees uniforms out there!!

George

As far as Steiner not authenticting 3rd party Yankees item's, if you have the market cornered why help someone else? They want to make us all feel that they are the only source of "authentic" game used Yankees stuff. A monopoly of any kind is bad for all collectors!! I am sure there are tons of forum members with great authentic Yankees items that unfortunatly they would have a tough time moving without the Steiner stamp of approval!!! Just my opinion!

George

Quote Originally Posted by s.carter
    Just have to chime in here on some incorrect info I read here, Steiner does not authenticate third party items. That is about as incorrect as can be.
    Folks,

I apologize if I unknowingly passed along misinformation. This information was shared with me by a regular poster on this forum (and a regular poster on this thread, in fact!), so I hope that he will post and explain why I was told this by him if it is not true.

The last thing I would want to do here is pass along misinformation. The person who shared it with me stated it as FACT and I had no reason to think that what he was telling me is actually not true. I hope this will be straightened out here.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477
    bulbus actually your wrong they might nor do it for you bu they will do it. I am not saying that as a put down to you. They just wont do it for the average joe.
    Jason,

Thanks for posting this. I just posted a response to S.Carter and then I read the posts by BULBUS and you.

Maybe you can straighten this out with S.Carter and BULBUS because, at this point, I really have no idea what to believe about Steiner authenticating third party game used items. I'll let you take it from here.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.