Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Fraudulent Arod 2010 Team Issued Jersey on Ebay

Efrain,

Thanks for the info. Aside from missing 2 tags, I noticed that the Sheppard patch looks off. The mic should have a white background. The fake has a grey background around the mic.

Any chance the Steiner database will be available in the future online to verify Steiner holograms?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

This jersey could only be from this year because of the colors of the MLB logo on the back so chances are the jersey is a fake all together.

I'm going to say that its a jersey from a previous year due to the image of the wash tag. They changed the MLB logo and added the patches to include the different color Sheppard.

This person has been selling Yankees "game issued" jerseys with Steiner holograms and no letters for a couple of years now. It appears that they buy blank jerseys and add the numbers and patches.

Efrain,

As BULBUS alluded to in his posting, this ebay seller has been doing this for a couple of years of selling uniforms with the Steiner hologram but without the Steiner COA. What is Steiner's policy when they notice a seller doing this? Besides warning us here, does Steiner even care to go after the Seller as it does damage the Steiner name if these fakes are out in the market.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Contact Ebay and have the item(s) removed. Unfortunately they are not as quick as we would want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ereyes View Post
    Contact Ebay and have the item(s) removed. Unfortunately they are not as quick as we would want them to be.
    So does Steiner ever go after Sellers legally for selling items claiming to come from Steiner when they do not? I think such a policy would make people think twice before trying to sell a fake Steiner item. Also the thought of being able to validate a hologram online as you can do with MLB hologram products would be more assuring to consumers too.

Just wanting to make the Steiner product more safe for the consumer. In the meantime, I must resort to bugging my Steiner Rep to verify a hologram.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Banned

Steiner is in a rough spot with these fakes and I must say I feel bad for them. If they take legal recourse they have to incur legal fees and court costs against small time sellers who likely do not have much in the way of assets or money so whatever judgement they could get they likely would never actually see so they would essentially cost themselves money by suing. Most people think the legal system is this magical thing its not. When you sue everyday people no matter how wrong they are and insurance companies are not involved (i.e. car crash, premises liability, etc.) it is very tough to actually recover anything.

I asked this question before and I did not get an answer. If Steiner sells team issued blanks, can they really go after someone who has them customized and sells them? I don't see how they can if they put a hologram on a blank jersey. If the person is not advertising them as game used is it really fraud considering they got the jersey directly from Steiner? techincally it is a team issued jersey just as it was advertised by Steiner when they sold it. If you look at the listing the seller is careful not to say that it was actually issued to ARod or that it came from Steiner, logistically, are they really committing fraud? It is definitely deceptive, but it is really a criminal act?

Maybe Steiner needs to stop putting holos on blanks, marking them somehow as a jersey that was blank or maybe cut off the wash code tags before they sell them??

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Steiner is in a rough spot with these fakes and I must say I feel bad for them. If they take legal recourse they have to incur legal fees and court costs against small time sellers who likely do not have much in the way of assets or money so whatever judgement they could get they likely would never actually see so they would essentially cost themselves money by suing. Most people think the legal system is this magical thing its not. When you sue everyday people no matter how wrong they are and insurance companies are not involved (i.e. car crash, premises liability, etc.) it is very tough to actually recover anything.
    It is a tough place. However I think your intellectually property is worth saving even if they never see a penny from these sellers as there is the loss of reputation of the Steiner trademark from these sales. Personally, I would like to see at least an attempt to thwarts these selllers by Steiner.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com