Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Team/store employees wearing GU items..

Quote Originally Posted by GameUsedGR61 View Post
    this reminds me of the seinfeld episode where george costanza was wearing babe ruth's uniform and purposely getting food stains on it to get fired

i would definitely alert the team about that because its just a lack of disrespect. people who work in retail stores dont wear items they are currently selling so why should this not apply to them
    i would think wearing a cleats isnt a big deal and only deserves a warning at most. but adding use to bats and baseballs to your company's product, I would think could be a fire-able offense. what do you guys think?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Unless it were damaged in post-player use, I wouldn't care.

Dave Miedema
    Why wouldn't it bother you, O Mr. Miedema?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Where did this happen at?

What's the difference, if any, if an employee wore or used the items compared to a private collector who did the same thing before selling it on Ebay, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    What's the difference, if any, if an employee wore or used the items compared to a private collector who did the same thing before selling it on Ebay, etc.?
    I guess this falls under - if I dont see it AND it is not mine, then I dont care.

The same thing can be said - if your tires got slash and you didnt see it happen, I guess it doesnt make a difference. But on the other hand, if I caught the mofo in the act, he will be on the stretcher with multiple "game used" bat wounds while waiting for EMT to arrive to save his ass. Not to mentioned some "Jeter's cleats' marks on his head.

just saying!

one does not own the item and the other does own the item while selling it.
    one is paid to take care of the item and the other is not paid to take of the item while selling it.
    one is bound by a company's code of behavior and one is not.
    one is a team source and once is not.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    one does not own the item and the other does own the item while selling it.

one is a team source and once is not.

How does team partnerships work? I thought the companies purchase these items from the teams, then sell them to them public for profit. So aren't they technically the first owners of the item?

Quote Originally Posted by yankees24 View Post
    How does team partnerships work? I thought the companies purchase these items from the teams, then sell them to them public for profit. So aren't they technically the first owners of the item?
    you are correct. steiners has a direct relationship with the teamsource, the yankees.

yankees sell directly to steiner and then steiner sells to private collectors. so its one more step removed from original ownership to get to a private collector. so disregard that one point. thanks

just waiting for the evidence that batting practice was done with GU bats and balls. so far its hearsay.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Speaking of Steiner, have any of you toured their warehouse? Are you allowed to handle game used items or does an employee wear gloves and holds it while inspecting? If they let you touch the items, imagine someone with dandruff visting the warehouse, tries on a game used hat for fun then a collector buys it though their website and gets this customer's flakes in that cap thinking it was the player's.

Banned

Speaking of Steiner, have any of you toured their warehouse? Are you allowed to handle game used items or does an employee wear gloves and holds it while inspecting? If they let you touch the items, imagine someone with dandruff visting the warehouse, tries on a game used hat for fun then a collector buys it though their website and gets this customer's flakes in that cap thinking it was the player's.
    Gloves like the cooks at McDonalds wear?