Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 107 of 145 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1448

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Hey guys,

this is my first post here as I'm relatively new to the hobby.
    I live in Germany and I've been a huge basketball fan (NBA) for many years.
    Nevertheless I'm interested in US sports in general and I love game used memorabilia.
    So as I came across this jersey I couldn't resist despite I don't know anything about baseball. It's more or less the style that attracted me in addition to the fact that the Dodgers are a LA team (I have Lakers/Clippers game-worn jerseys, too).

So this is a Alex Castellanos Dodgers game-worn home jersey from 10/3/2012, where he hit his 1st major league home run in a win against the Giants.
    After quite some search I finally could match it to at least one loose thread. Thanks to the photographer and hopefully there are no copyright issues.
    By the way it's also MLB authenticated as "game-worn" on the exact date.
    Hope you enjoy it.

Greetings, Alex

Austin Jackson's jersey from game 1 of the 2012 World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    Austin Jackson's jersey from game 1 of the 2012 World Series.
    Congrats, Rich. I'm glad to see you both acquire the jersey and to photomatch it. I'm guessing it's the centerpiece of your Jackson collection. My Bagwell WS jersey is my favorite item as well.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Congrats, Rich. I'm glad to see you both acquire the jersey and to photomatch it. I'm guessing it's the centerpiece of your Jackson collection. My Bagwell WS jersey is my favorite item as well.
    Thanks Les, it's definitely top 3!

2012 David Ortiz batting helmet.

That is one cool helmet and great match! Too bad the authenticator was so careless with his sticker placement. Should always be on the back by the numbers!

Thanks! The sticker is a little 'front and center' for sure. The helmet is listed under the MLB database as "issued" too. Must not have seen it come off Ortiz' head??

Quote Originally Posted by cruwet View Post
    2012 David Ortiz batting helmet.
    Hey Cole,

Congrat's on the Ortiz helmet! Very nice photo match and nice game use!

Have you checked to see if Ortiz wore that helmet when he hit his 400th home run on July 4th?

Thanks,
    Bobby

Thanks Bobby- funny you say that because I contacted the Red Sox about any available Ortiz helmets & they said they had one "issued" helmet. So I went down today and saw this one and noticed that it was the exact same helmet that was auctioned off after the season. The 3 dots on the front are a dead giveway. They also had this helmet for sale during the season for a ridiculous price. I saw it everytime I went into the Team Store before games. They said the winner of the auction didn't like where the sticker was and they gave him the one other helmet they had. The one with the dots is the earlier season helmet based on photos and videos (clearly matchable). so whoever decided to switch helmets may have got what i'm assuming is the 400 HR helmet. Dammit! I knew they had sold the helmet that I now have a few months ago in the auction, so I was a little surprised to see that was the one they had available. Who knows what really happened. Not the 400 HR helmet, but I couldn't pass up such a slam dunk of a match with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by cruwet View Post
    Thanks Bobby- funny you say that because I contacted the Red Sox about any available Ortiz helmets & they said they had one "issued" helmet. So I went down today and saw this one and noticed that it was the exact same helmet that was auctioned off after the season. The 3 dots on the front are a dead giveway. They also had this helmet for sale during the season for a ridiculous price. I saw it everytime I went into the Team Store before games. They said the winner of the auction didn't like where the sticker was and they gave him the one other helmet they had. The one with the dots is the earlier season helmet based on photos and videos (clearly matchable). so whoever decided to switch helmets may have got what i'm assuming is the 400 HR helmet. Dammit! I knew they had sold the helmet that I now have a few months ago in the auction, so I was a little surprised to see that was the one they had available. Who knows what really happened. Not the 400 HR helmet, but I couldn't pass up such a slam dunk of a match with this one.
    Cole,

Maybe Ortiz kept the 400th HR helmet.....you still picked up a nice piece! Congrat's again on your pick-up!

Best Regards,
    Bobby