Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 82 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Actually, like the residue that looks white above his hands, some of the marks were removed by continued use by Prado and faded over time while he used it and the collector who owned it before me while he got it signed admitted to "cleaning it up."
    Regardless it still dont line up.

Quote Originally Posted by nycpropain View Post
    Regardless it still dont line up.
    We will just agree to disagree.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    We will just agree to disagree. You can have your unwanted opinion and I'll enjoy being right.
    I guess you missed the title that says post your photomatched items. But thanks for the advice though I oculd have sworn this was a forum of discussion.

Also since its unwanted I will save the part about the mark moving closer to the logo somehow.

Don't know if this counts.
    Inscribed glove used for McGwires 582nd HR
    Also have a picture from the actual at bat

Longoria 2009 Helmet - photomatched to 4 HR's

Here's the iron clad shot

Some type of blood stain

McGwire 93 HR Bat - usesd for 4 HR's
    Matched to 94 Fleer Ultra
    Rack mark next to adirondack
    And pine tar in middle barrel

Banned

2010/2011 devin hester jersey photomatched to high res getty pic

Some new photo-matches after watching more 1994 49er games on DVD.

The process of photo-matching is NOT easy. It is tedious, takes much patience, a sharp eye and time. I had to watch certain parts of various games, over and over, just to get the detailed image i needed. Plus when they broadcast these games, the idea of photo-matching was the least of their concerns.

In some games there may not be a single good shot of the player whose jersey you are trying to match. If the player is an offensive or defensive lineman, backup or a special teamer you may be lucky to catch a glimpse of their jersey and it can be from quite a distance away. The lack of hi-def plus the lose of clarity and detail with slow motion and freeze frame, makes it even harder to match things up.

Sometimes you get lucky with a quick match via a loose thread, placement of a patch or NFL shield, team repair or hits/field paint. Customized jerseys always make matching things up that much easier.

QB, WR, CB and kicker shirts are the toughest to match up. I have watched multiple 49er games and the jersey's of Joe Montana, Steve Young, Deion Sanders, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Eric Davis, Merton Hanks and Doug Brien have survived in remarkably clean condition. There were games where both Montana's and Young's jersey were near spotless at the end.

Post game the team laundered the shirts so well that mud, copious grass stains and other hits/marks/field paint are no longer visible making matches that much more difficult.

My only UNWASHED 1994 49er gamer, a Rice throwback worn in the Divisional round against the Bears is an easy match compared with washed shirts (Floyd, Wallace, Brent Jones) from that game.

That being said, photo-matching, although frustrating at times (and I am trying to match shirts of which I know the game they were worn!) is such a thrill when you strike gold!!!

Someone should really start a service photo-matching gamers for a fee based on the jersey itself (year worn, identifying markers etc). I would pay to have my gamers matched up for sure!!!

After that long introduction I present a:

Deion Sanders 1994 throwback worn 12/17/94 vs the Denver Broncos. A style match was quick and easy but finding the little details of a true photo-match was not so quick.

First match-loose thread on Wilson W on right sleeve

Second match- another loose thread on the D in "SANDERS"

Third match- two loose threads where the nameplate attaches to the jersey on the upper right shoulder. The way the nameplate is slightly raised also matches up nicely.

Fourth match- placement of NFL shield as well as loose thread that comes off of shield. In the game images the thread points down but after laundering etc it now points up and has become looped.

I also am working on a # of other photo-matches from this game including Steve Young, Tim McDonald, Derrick Loville and Klaus Wilmsmeyer.

Always buying quality 49er gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer and paying a hefty finders fee!!!

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    Some new photo-matches after watching more 1994 49er games on DVD.

The process of photo-matching is NOT easy. It is tedious, takes much patience, a sharp eye and time. I had to watch certain parts of various games, over and over, just to get the detailed image i needed. Plus when they broadcast these games, the idea of photo-matching was the least of their concerns.

In some games there may not be a single good shot of the player whose jersey you are trying to match. If the player is an offensive or defensive lineman, backup or a special teamer you may be lucky to catch a glimpse of their jersey and it can be from quite a distance away. The lack of hi-def plus the lose of clarity and detail with slow motion and freeze frame, makes it even harder to match things up.

Sometimes you get lucky with a quick match via a loose thread, placement of a patch or NFL shield, team repair or hits/field paint. Customized jerseys always make matching things up that much easier.

QB, WR, CB and kicker shirts are the toughest to match up. I have watched multiple 49er games and the jersey's of Joe Montana, Steve Young, Deion Sanders, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Eric Davis, Merton Hanks and Doug Brien have survived in remarkably clean condition. There were games where both Montana's and Young's jersey were near spotless at the end.

Post game the team laundered the shirts so well that mud, copious grass stains and other hits/marks/field paint are no longer visible making matches that much more difficult.

My only UNWASHED 1994 49er gamer, a Rice throwback worn in the Divisional round against the Bears is an easy match compared with washed shirts (Floyd, Wallace, Brent Jones) from that game.

That being said, photo-matching, although frustrating at times (and I am trying to match shirts of which I know the game they were worn!) is such a thrill when you strike gold!!!

Someone should really start a service photo-matching gamers for a fee based on the jersey itself (year worn, identifying markers etc). I would pay to have my gamers matched up for sure!!!

After that long introduction I present a:

Deion Sanders 1994 throwback worn 12/17/94 vs the Denver Broncos. A style match was quick and easy but finding the little details of a true photo-match was not so quick.

First match-loose thread on Wilson W on right sleeve

Second match- another loose thread on the D in "SANDERS"

Third match- two loose threads where the nameplate attaches to the jersey on the upper right shoulder. The way the nameplate is slightly raised also matches up nicely.

Fourth match- placement of NFL shield as well as loose thread that comes off of shield. In the game images the thread points down but after laundering etc it now points up and has become looped.

I also am working on a # of other photo-matches from this game including Steve Young, Tim McDonald, Derrick Loville and Klaus Wilmsmeyer.

Always buying quality 49er gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer and paying a hefty finders fee!!!

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com
    dang paul! how long did this take?? good job!

dang paul! how long did this take?? good job!

Mick-it took hours. I watched the dvd 2 or 3 times and used slow motion during multiple portions over and over. The entire time I was taking images with either my digital camera or my Ipad.

These types of matches are so tough especially since there are so few shots of single players just standing still. Finding the detail one needs to complete a match can be frustrating at times because the dvd has to be frozen at exactly the right moment to capture what u need to photograph.

Plus, remember that I am matching gamers where I already know what game they were worn!!!!!

The Steve Young from the same game as the Deion (vs. Denver) has been much tougher to match than the Deion or Tim McDonald I own. For some reason TV coverage showed only a few shots of McDonald but tons of Hanks and Deion (thankfully and still working on your Hanks match Clay!).

My Young lacks things like loose threads etc. I will find something though as the more one views the dvd and examines the gamers, the more details emerge.

The Tim McDonald jersey has 2 white field paint marks which were easy to match up but hard to get that perfect shot of. Although he played the entire game, he was only shown briefly throughout the DVD. Still a quality match.

Always buying 49ers gamers and paying a hefty finders fee. ANY 1994 49er gamer will be purchased at a great price and with the holidays coming I know someone out there needs $$$ so please sell me your 1994 49er gamers and buy presents!!!

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymbz View Post
    2010/2011 devin hester jersey photomatched to high res getty pic
    nice match! love the hester jersey man, still my grail, when i get enough $$$ i'll be coming your way

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by masp3392 View Post
    nice match! love the hester jersey man, still my grail, when i get enough $$$ i'll be coming your way
    and i DIDN'T produce (or reproduce) my own dirt/grass stains!! :-p