Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 24 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Here's a second photomatch for my Marcus Giles BP jersey. The first photomatch I found is on my site, and is from the regular season. This new photomatch I found is from Spring Training.

The photomatch is the long loose stitch in the "A"

I found TONSSSSSS of photomatches for my Felipe Lopez helmet tonight:

Today I photomatched my Scott Thorman game used broken bat. I first found video of him breaking his bat on April 7th, 2007, and it appeared to be the same bat. After looking at other videos from previous games, it seems to be a photomatch. MLB.tv was hard to work with for good screenshots, but I was still able to catch a few matches. I also found one match from April 4th, when he hit a game-winning homerun.

Video Match of the break:

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/h...t=MOV00533.flv

Screen-shot matches:

April 7th, 2007:

April 5th, 2007:

April 4th, 2007:

Well, yet again I have found another photomatch. This time it's for my Edgar Renteria game used broken bat. It first arrived at the Braves Clubhouse Store around mid-season in 2007, and I purchased it around September. I have been looking at every single one of his at-bats for the past week, and I have finally found the video of him breaking it. He broke it during the 1st inning on May 6th, 2007. I went back 1 game and found 2 matches on the bat:

Here's the video match from May 6th, 2007 (click to view):

And here's the only matches I could find from the previous game:

There is a loss of paint from the bat weight, and there is a small portion that had a little "hump" taken off, which I believe can be seen in this picture:

With the way "11" is written more to the right, PLUS the fact that it lines up with his name on the barrel, I'd consider this a really nice match:

Although they didn't show a shot of the bat after he broke it, you can see the splintered handle in the background, which appears to perfectly match the way the bat is broken. The handle piece should get shorter but eventually stop at the very end of the barrel where it broke off, which can be seen here:

I just got this absolutely amazing, and HAMMERED Alex Gonzalez MLB authenticated 2007 bat, PHOTOMATCHED TO OVER 3 HOMERUNS!!! This bat has FOUR MLB Holograms on it (1 for the autograph, 1 for the barrel, and 2 for each broken handle piece). I plan to take the tape off to display it better in pieces:

The marks on the barrel can be seen from May 3rd through May 8th. He used this bat to hit 3 homeruns, and possibly a 4th from when he used a fresh-looking Old Hickory bat (most-likely this one, but the bat is so brand new in the videos I looked at that no match could be made). Here's some screenshots from random dates he used this bat:

This is video of Gonzalez breaking this bat on May 8th:

..and here is the video of Gonzalez hitting TWO homeruns with this bat in the same game:

Just picked up this absolutely AMAZING game used Matt Kemp bat from this year. It was used and photomatched to the brawl he had on June 3rd, 2008 with Yorvit Torrealba, and he also broke this bat over his knee on June 5th.

Photomatch before the brawl on June 3rd:

You can see this bat as the brawl occured:

Here's video of the brawl:

Another photomatch from June 4th:

Kemp breaking this bat over his knee:

Video of Kemp breaking this bat over his knee on June 5th:

Those are some sweet matches Kyle.

this is my only 100% photo matched item I have....
    Of course I owe a big thank you to the photo match king of GUU (Kyle)!

Attachment 17713

Attachment 17714

Attachment 17715

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=19555

click on link to view Video that Kyle got for me! thanks again....

Photo-matching hockey is much easier as there are no doubts about them.

Trevor Linden Alternate Canucks:

Attachment 17716

Attachment 17717

Other photomatches available at:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/G...host=community

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Today I photomatched my Scott Thorman game used broken bat. I first found video of him breaking his bat on April 7th, 2007, and it appeared to be the same bat. After looking at other videos from previous games, it seems to be a photomatch. MLB.tv was hard to work with for good screenshots, but I was still able to catch a few matches. I also found one match from April 4th, when he hit a game-winning homerun.

Video Match of the break:

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/h...t=MOV00533.flv

Screen-shot matches:

April 7th, 2007:

April 5th, 2007:

April 4th, 2007:

kyle,

do you really believe that those images leave absolutely no doubt?

in the last photo, i don't even know what you've circled. that blurry dark area may or may not be that pencil-thin bat rack mark but you couldn't establish a link with any certainty. the first photo with the nick at the top: maybe but the photos are too blurry to establish anything with certainty. how many bats did thornton use that had small nicks at the top? in the second mlb.tv photo, i can't even tell what that mark is. maybe it's a ballmark, maybe it's the MLB logo. who knows. on the photos of your bat, you can definitely tell it's a ballmark and you can clearly see the color and unique shape of it. on the corresponding mlb.tv shot, you can't even be certain what that dark blob is.
    some of the mlb.tv shots you use are so blurry that you end up "matching" really vague markings whose only similarity seems to be the general location. there'll be a ballmark or a rack mark and you'll circle some blurry blob on the photo where, to be honest, it's not even certain what that mark is, much less that it's the exact same one.

what happened to the photomatches that really established without a shadow of a doubt that the items were the same? it seems we've now been reduced to matching amorphous, out-of-focus, shapes from 40 feet away which are concluded to be "matches" simply because they exist in roughly the same location as if a ballplayer wouldn't have ballmarks in roughly the same location on many of his bats.

rudy.