Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 145 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

With the info on $5 photo getty seller, let's see some more matches. My favorite thread in this forum is this one. So I will bring it back up with a photo-matched hockey helmet. The pictures I took really don't do the photo itself justice. The glare kinda distorts some of the marks. I can't photo a photo very well. But in person with the photo it really shows some perfect matches. I did a close up on the CCM marking, easy to see the scrach in the logo and some scuffing, but it is much better than the picture I took.....

Close up of Helmet CCM area.

Close up of small part of the picture off the CCM.

I bought the helmet from Meigray during there summer sale. There is some specs of dust from photo holder that show up here and some other tiny scratches in the white that match but don't show up in my picture. Does it look like a match to you guys?

Indyred, thanks for sharing those. Looks like a nice match to me, given the mark through the middle "C" and the varying degrees of thinkness of the "C" stickers.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Indyred,
    I think you did a great job on the photomatch. The bigger gouge above the cm matches perfectly. As you told me when I made my first match, it is as good as getting the piece itself! Did you match the helmet before you ordered the picture or did it come and then you matched it up? I would assume helmets would be easier to match if you have the year correct since players only use one in a season unless it gets cracked. Thanks for sharing and congrats!
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by stkmtimo View Post
    These are fantastic photos! I have Matt Morris' 2004 game used home jersey when he gave up Ken Griffey, Jr's 500th HR. Also have a Jack Wilson game used photomatched bat that's hammered with use.

Hope to get some pics up soon.

Tim
    Hi Tim, do you have scans of the Jack Wilson bat? plmk Mike
    thanks

Smile Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Quote Originally Posted by gameusedsticks View Post
    Marty Turco Game Used Mask .. notice the chip in the chin:

Here is a match of him wearing the mask:

Pretty easy to match this mask due to the amount of games a mask is worn in.

Regards,
    Barry Levine
    www.gameusedsticks.com
    Hello Barry,
    I checked out you site. Some very cool stuff. I have sent a couple of emails but have not gotten any responses. plmk Mike
    Thanks

Here is one that is also a pretty nice match, I think for sure that hockey jerseys are easiest to match

PK,

Nice match. Also, interesting to see that the MeiGray patches are placed on the jerseys prior to the players using them. This may not be a great observation for the MeiGray hockey collectors' standards, but I found it interesting because this was not the case with the first batch of MeiGray Texas Rangers baseball jerseys (the MeiGray tags were sewn on after the jerseys were sent to MeiGray from the Rangers; after 2001, they went to team serial coding, so there were no MeiGray tags).

Thanks for posting - nice jersey.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Reid, this paticular Meigray patch is a sponsor patch and not an inventory patch. On NHL jerseys the patch is sewn on the inside hem and has an inventory number right on the patch. I believe these are sewn on before players wear them. Maybe with the Rangers a deal was worked after they started wearing them and were unable to be put in before? I am not 100% sure, but I would bet they are now put on before jerseys are worn by the Rangers.

Matt

Ofcoarse I had to post this right away. Michael Tucker game worn 8/26/06 alternative pants photomatched/videomatched to, ofcoarse, the Mets/Phillies game on 8/26/06.

Great thread and nice matches! Are there any other websites than Getty Images where I can find more pics of baseball players in action? Thanks!