Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 145 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

ive had these for about 9 years. when i got these signed, Ray said that he had only wore this style for a portion of the season and only wore this style once. pretty easy match.

these are some of my most cherished items.

ive never seen another pair of Lankford shoes available since.

Those Lankford shoes are sweet although I would classify those as more of a style match as opposed to a photo match (or am I missing something?).

from what i gathered in talking to Ray, these (this pair) were only worn for a portion of the season and he decided to switch to a different style. no multiple pairs as this was said to be the only time he wore them

. in my research before actually talking to Lankford, i came to the conclusion that these were worn early in the 95' season.

here is a photo match. pedro is a friend of mine. i know this is a match because he was only issued one set each of home and road and he only played less than half of the season due to an injury. i aquired the jersey at the end of the 2005 season.

Attachment 2049

Attachment 2050

Attachment 2051

Not sure if its an exact photo match but definately an interesting style match. Heres a Hideki Matsui bat used by Jorge Posada. Apparently in 2005 Posada was in a pretty bad slump and decided to use Hideki Matsui's bat for a short period of time when batting left handed.

Goh

Always buying signed and game-used memorabilia of past and present Japanese MLB players

There are alot of great items posted with rock solid provenance, so I know i am going to catch heat for this. Something is not considered a phtomatch UNLESS there is a distinguishing chracteristic on the piece ( dirts, sweat stain, fabric pull, repair, ball mark etc..) that you can match to a photo. It doesn't matter if a player handed you the jersey , bat, cleat, glove etc...To be a photo match, you must "match (hence the word) it (that exact item)" to a photo..Some have done it in this thread and some have not..that is not to take away from any of the items as they are all nice pieces. That's what makes a having a photo match so special, it's difficult and rare to do. A photo match leaves practically no doubt and to many actually holds more weight than a team or player LOA...

Thats the point I was trying to make the with the Lankford shoes (you did a better job explaining it).

Here's one of my favorite items in my collection, a 2005 Home Run derby bat used by David Ortiz. Ortiz hit a total of 20 Home runs with this LVS B9 bat. You can see the pine tar stains from his gloves just above the B9 logo, also there's a photo of Ortiz sitting in the dugout and the wood grain and pine tar match up perfect. The right barrel area of this bat is just pounded with deep ball seam marks.

Great job. There are some awesome matches on here. I have a question. I have a '95 World Series jersey from Jim Thome. I have been looking for pics. But have turn up nothing from that year. Any ideas where I may look ??Thanks,Roger

Banned

Many of you that know me know I am a sucker for photo-matched Astros items. My favorite is detailed here:

http://www.egameused.com/clemens_2004_jersey.html

Thanks,