Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 55 of 145 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

[QUOTE=spartanservitto;219292]Im going to have to disagree, when the hologram specifies the inning and game, and I see a bat cracked in half that is identical to the bat I purchased.... odds are there wasn't another bat cracked in half that inning.... But hey marks are marks right.

-Tony[/QUOTE

I, nor to I think anyone else, is questioning that it's the same bat, I'm sure it is. As you said, another bat wasn't cracked that same inning, no question. But to call it a photomatch must be a distinct characteristic that differentiates it from all the other Phoenix bats he used.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

[/QUOTE
    I, nor to I think anyone else, is questioning that it's the same bat, I'm sure it is. As you said, another bat wasn't cracked that same inning, no question. But to call it a photomatch must be a distinct characteristic that differentiates it from all the other Phoenix bats he used.[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous. Everybody knows it is the same bat but you all want to nitpick every little detail. I am pretty sure the differentiating characteristic is the missing handle. Unless Miggy doesn't use handles. He matched his bat to a photo. I think that makes it a "photomatch". Just because he didn't match an ink transfer or rack streak doesnt change that. Spatan congrats on your photomatch and hopefully everybody that disagrees can find a more constructive use of their time.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    Ridiculous. Everybody knows it is the same bat but you all want to nitpick every little detail. I am pretty sure the differentiating characteristic is the missing handle. Unless Miggy doesn't use handles. He matched his bat to a photo. I think that makes it a "photomatch". Just because he didn't match an ink transfer or rack streak doesnt change that. Spatan congrats on your photomatch and hopefully everybody that disagrees can find a more constructive use of their time.
    Chill out. I don't think anybody is doubting the bat is genuine or if the bat is the same bat. That is not what is being debated here. The definition of a photomatch is definitively matching a game used piece to a photo or screen grab. This one would seem to be a pretty simple one to pull, but it might mean removing the tape and comparing the crack itself.

You're right, photomatches are nitpicking...that's kind of the point. As it stands, the photos provided do not consist of a photomatch.

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    Im going to have to disagree, when the hologram specifies the inning and game, and I see a bat cracked in half that is identical to the bat I purchased.... odds are there wasn't another bat cracked in half that inning.... But hey marks are marks right.

-Tony
    Tony,

if anything the match is underneith the tape where the crack is formed. congrats.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    Im going to have to disagree, when the hologram specifies the inning and game, and I see a bat cracked in half that is identical to the bat I purchased.... odds are there wasn't another bat cracked in half that inning.... But hey marks are marks right.

-Tony
    The point of a photo match is that it stands alone; so, while after considering the photo and the hologram one can say with pretty much 100% certainty that the Cabrera bat is the same one broken in the given at bat, a photo match should be able to identify the bat as the same one without any other supporting information. As it stands right now, the hologram is needed to show that the bat is the same one (although as noted, removing the tape would offer a much better shot at a photo match). Mind you, that's just about the best ever style match you could get.

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    Pretty sweet to match it to World series at bat. Nice helmet.
    Thanks! I took a little bit of a gamble knowing it was Game Used from 2009, but had a good feeling it was used throughout the season into the World Series. Glad i was right!

Now I'm wondering if it's the only helmet he ever had with the Yankees and if so, he wore it for the last HR in Old Yankee Stadium.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Its pretty simple a photomatch is an item with a distinct characteristic. such as a scuff, ding, scratch, crack, rip, pin stripes match up, loose thread, grain of wood etc something that can be compared to the item side by side in photos.

Several of the items posted here are style matched since all they are doing is posting a picture of the item and the player wearing something that looks like it which in the end means you have an item which looks like another. The point of a photomatch is to add to a COA/HOLOGRAM as its been shown before coa and holos can be wrong no matter who is issuing it.

Thanks for the support everyone, im not un-taping it, it's too much of a hassle. Its the same bat, photomatch of not. Ill trust MLB.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Where do you get your photos to match your items? I have a road Yankees game jersey that I am trying to photo match. Thank you and have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    Where do you get your photos to match your items? I have a road Yankees game jersey that I am trying to photo match. Thank you and have a good day.
    go to teams websites, most have game day galleries from every game. Also getty, uspresswire, photofile ect, do seach on this site, been all kinds of threads on different picture sites to look at.