Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 14 of 145 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Kyle,

How do you enlarge the getty image pictures, when I try they lose their sharpness??

Quote Originally Posted by worldchamps View Post
    Kyle,

How do you enlarge the getty image pictures, when I try they lose their sharpness??
    I order the 8x10's from the "getty guy". e-mail me at kylehess941@hotmail.com if you want his info (he charges $5 per 8x10 getty photo)

I have only noticed a handful of hockey collectors here, but I'm enjoying seeing gamers from other sports.

I recently Photo matched my Alexander Frolov rookie Kings jersey. I obtained a high resolution image from a game during his rookie season and was able to positively identify several characteristics in the photo matching my jersey. The most noticeable are some team repairs on the arm of the jersey. When I was putting together the image below, I accidentally also identified the stick he is using as a stick in my possession as well! Needless to say I was very pleased with my discovery

- Jason

I now have TWO photomatches for my Felipe Lopez game worn 2006 Reds helmet, as I have found yet another photomatch today. The picture is from May 10,2006, when Lopez had 4 stolen bases, 3 runs, & 2 walks. There is a white mark next to the air hole which matches.....

Here's the other photomatch but from an unknown date:

Could someone please explain to me how some of these items are photo-matched?

Batting gloves and cleats? I do not believe these are photo-matched but style matched, anyone else agree with me?

Unless there is a distinctive characteristic that stands out, you can not photo match an item. Pinstripes on a jersey, stains, rips, tears, hit marks, etc...

I feel many people just want there item to be the one in the photo, so they start seeing things. Again, a photo-match must have a characteristic such as listed above. Just because an item was signed by the player that he used it on a special day, the photo-matching is great, but unless there is something amazing such as the two jerseys with pin-stripe locational matches (that Yankees jersey is so cool) it is very hard to call an item photo-matched.
    I couldn't agree with you more. It's been stated several times in this thread yet people continue to showcase "style matched" items. So be it...

Mike Cameron game used Reds helmet
    (notice the long white streak on the back side of the helmet present in the photo as well)

**ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

Thanks to forum members, I was able to photo-match my 1987 Mattingly home jersey to a picture from Getty for the NY and stripes on the front and DVD video for the back 23 and stripes, they line up perfectly all the way around.. It gets better !! It's photo-matched to Donnie Baseball wearing my jersey in the 1987 All-Star game!!!!!!! Do you guys think being an All-Star jersey it would make much of a difference value wise?

Thanks

With a little help from dcrules and others in here talking about using mlb.com as a place where old games can be found. I was able to snap a couple shots of my Brad Wilkerson pink Mother's Day bat from this year. I didn't even know he hit a home run in the game. I'm almost positive he used the bat I have in all 4 of his at bats, including the home run shot. His first time up the bat is real clean with nothing noticeable and his last time up the bat shows great ball marks, where he had made contact through out the game. The pine tar and look of the bat looks the same for each at bat.

Glad I could help awesome bat btw...

Fantastic bat. I see everyone is now shooting pics of their monitors! my secret is out!

Jim

yeah i didnt come up with the idea in a soriano bat photomatch thread or anything.....