Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 145 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Cool Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

I would have to agree on the fact that the term "Photo-match" has in some degree been over used. Many times it is just a style match which we all have many of. I'm sure everyone here knows this but, the dates on Getty aren't always correct for the game shown, the dates on MLB.com's authentication program aren't always correct either. With that in mind, I have what I consider to be 2 exact photo matches, Enjoy!

The first being a Shin Soo Choo bat, this was used last september and it was also MLB Authenticated(MT00411036) for those that want to verify. In this case the photos on Getty actually match up to the date listed by MLB. You can see on the back of the barrell 2 of the 3 distinct marks on the bat, the 3rd mark near the end may have been the one that actually broke the bat into 2 seperate pieces. There are also marks just below the name labeling on the front side of the bat, these match up with the photos as you can see.

My second "Photo-Match" is a Greg Dobbs bat that was used sometime last year, the photo shows it in use during a game vs. the Athletics. There aren't many photos of Dobbs so this was a tough match to find.

Here's a closeup of the bat from the photo

The photo of the back of my Dobbs bat

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Beautiful matches!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiezio23
    I would have to agree on the fact that the term "Photo-match" has in some degree been over used. Many times it is just a style match which we all have many of. I'm sure everyone here knows this but, the dates on Getty aren't always correct for the game shown, the dates on MLB.com's authentication program aren't always correct either. With that in mind, I have what I consider to be 2 exact photo matches, Enjoy!

The first being a Shin Soo Choo bat, this was used last september and it was also MLB Authenticated(MT00411036) for those that want to verify. In this case the photos on Getty actually match up to the date listed by MLB. You can see on the back of the barrell 2 of the 3 distinct marks on the bat, the 3rd mark near the end may have been the one that actually broke the bat into 2 seperate pieces. There are also marks just below the name labeling on the front side of the bat, these match up with the photos as you can see.

My second "Photo-Match" is a Greg Dobbs bat that was used sometime last year, the photo shows it in use during a game vs. the Athletics. There aren't many photos of Dobbs so this was a tough match to find.

Here's a closeup of the bat from the photo

The photo of the back of my Dobbs bat

how in the hell were you able to find that picture of dobbs?? That's amazing! It must've taken a lot of searching.

Cool Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10
    how in the hell were you able to find that picture of dobbs?? That's amazing! It must've taken a lot of searching.
    It was just by pure luck. I knew he was going to be at the Mariners FanFest that was held back in Jan. and I had a bunch of his cards signed already so I went to the team store and bought the last and only Dobbs photo they had. I didn't know about the match until later that night when I tried to compare it to the Dobbs bats I own and found the match.

Here is a 3rd item....and again minor league but it's still cool to match an item to a baseball card. This is one of my Dustin Pedroia game used bats. I also have the jersey, pants and batting helmet in this card but here is the bat.

Pinstripe photo-matching... NICE!
    Reid's Carlton and Tim's Burbach are things of BEAUTY! The photo-matches probably DOUBLE the value of the jerseys (seriously).
    While I have no "photo-matches" as good as those, I would like to title my post: "fun-with-photo-shop" or "create-your-own-high-gloss-auction-catalog"

No, I didn't advertise at Yankee Stadium in 1955.

Banned

Rudy helped me with this one from 2003. All the Getty pics are from Robbie's first game with the Sox.

Steve Carlton pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard
    Pinstripe photo-matching... NICE!
    Reid's Carlton and Tim's Burbach are things of BEAUTY! The photo-matches probably DOUBLE the value of the jerseys (seriously).
    Thanks, Warren. I have to admit that this crossed my mind when I picked the shirt up. I have actually never seen another pinstripe photo-matched Carlton jersey ... and I diligently check each one that comes up for auction against my massive Carlton photo collection. The other Carlton shirts I've had have all been blue roads, so you don't have the same photomatching opportunities as there are no pinstripes on the old Phillies powder blue shirts, of course.
    Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballGM
    Rudy helped me with this one from 2003. All the Getty pics are from Robbie's first game with the Sox.
    Beautiful Robbie shirt ... and more great work by Rudy.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Thy guy with the Dwayne Wade jersey needs to post his, that is by far the best photo match I have ever seen.