Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Dennis Eckersley

Looking for a game used Dennis Eckersley bat. A Red Sox gamer would be preferred but any team would be fine.

Re: Dennis Eckersley

Good Luck!

Just so you know that outside his 3 year stint with the Cubs, he had ONE Plate Appearance. I'd call that a Holy Grail if I ever saw one.

Hopefully you can find one. Post pics if you do, I'd love to see it.

Best of luck!
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi,
    Since a couple folks expressed interest in "Eck" bats. Thought I would post some pictures of my autographed Dennis Eckersley bat when he had duty with the Cardinals. Bat is an unfinished S2 with his uniform number #43 on knob and barrel. He appeared in 63 games in 1996 and 57 games in 1997. He did have one AB in 1996 w/o a hit. This bat exhibits no usage, pine tar application etc, other than a couple black rack marks. Not even any BP with this one. I have never seen another Cardinal "Eck" bat, so no idea how many StL bats he had. He might have had some bats with the Cubs as he had several plate appearances and some hits.
    I wouldn't think he would require any bats with his American League teams???
    Bat is not for sale or trade...
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Woodbat,

Beautiful bat! You should post it on the "show us your pitchers bats" thread! Let me know if ever decide to part with it. I'm sure we could work out a deal that makes both parties happy. Love that bat!

Tim

Woodbat

That is a very nice bat. "No use" is better than no bat. I have gamers from the following Red Sox pitchers and Eck would be a nice addition- Longborg, Tiant, Hurst, and Pedro. Clemens would be a dilemna but NEVER a Yankees bat.