Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Do you think you will ever find your holy grail?

Like a few others on here, mine would be a Mattingly game used fielders glove.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post
    Like a few others on here, mine would be a Mattingly game used fielders glove.

-Chris
    Wonder if that's even attainable.

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Wonder if that's even attainable.
    I have never seen one hit the market, and it is highly unlikely that one ever will. And if it does, I will have no chance , unless I hit the lottery

Doubt I'll ever find mine:

A Dan Fouts game used jersey or helmet

A couple I'd love to get:

1977-1979 Bob Brudzinski game worn Los Angeles Rams jersey.
    1979 striped Pittsburgh Pirates game worn jersey with original name on back.

Don

dthedos@columbus.rr.com

Well, like a lot of you, I have several grails. Anything game-worn from Don Hutson or Curly Lambeau, but I don't think I'll ever have a shot.

I do have another item I've described as "the grail" that I might be able to get someday - I know who has it. Hope he someday decides to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by BorchertField View Post
    Well, like a lot of you, I have several grails. Anything game-worn from Don Hutson or Curly Lambeau, but I don't think I'll ever have a shot.
    Now those are definetly Grails!

I don't think you can clasify much from the last 20 years as a grail unless it was a milestone piece. With the amount of stuff being marketed and sold from modern players, your odds are pretty good on tracking down anything from a modern player.

Didn't a Mattingly glove get sold in the Halper auction? I remember in the Halper video, Mattingly traded one of his bats and a glove for one of Halpers Gehrig bats. That glove must be out in the hobby somewhere
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fun post, I am pretty lucky for I own a few items that I never thought I would find. But for now, a Graig Nettles game used Glove would be awesome to own. Anyone got one? Tjwinnie@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post
    I have never seen one hit the market, and it is highly unlikely that one ever will. And if it does, I will have no chance , unless I hit the lottery
    Yes, Donnie did give one to Halper (with a bat) in exchange for a Gehrig bat. Also, back in 1986 or so, at the East Coast National Baseball Card Show in White Plains, NY, there was a table full of Mattingly stuff. The guy who was running it was a man named Prentice Montgomery (I believe). He had a GU glove and bat and numerous autographed pictures. I remember seeing the bat and glove for around $300 and thinking, "man, I wish I had that much to spend on something like that" (I was 16 at the time). I often wonder who wound up with that bat and glove and if it's sitting in a landfill somewhere b/c someone's mom/wife/son/daughter threw it out or if it's still being adored by a collector. As a Mattingly collector, that is one heck of a piece. Actually, I wouldn't mind the glove he wore while playing 3rd base for the 1 game or the glove he wore at @B for the completion of the Pine Tar game. Great stuff!!!

Mike

My holy Grail would be a Packers Don Majkowski home green gamer. I have never seen one and probably wont.