Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation 2005 Pujols game used bat

Can anyone offer any opinions on this bat. The seller wants to do a trade for this bat, but I want to make sure this bat looks good before I do it. I know nothing about pujols gamers, so any advice would be great. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Re: 2005 Pujols game used bat

Hello Justin:

This bat was previously sold on ebay by John Taube back in Feb 2006 I believe. I have included a link here that Jeff "Birdbats" Scott pointed me to that discussed this very bat. The bottom line is that this bat saw 5 at bats for the entire year according to Mr. Birdbats calculations and he would know because he keeps detailed reports on every bat used by Pujols during every at bat of the year. Please reference this discussion for more info. Hope that helps.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...rt+pujols+game

Brett

Please allow me to clarify, it saw 5 total at bats from Albert Pujols, someone else obviously used it quite extensively given the amount of wear it is showing.

Brett

Justin:

The seller sent this to me this morning. Nice of him to mention that the bat saw five total at bats from Albert during 2005 in the auction listing. It never came up until I brought it up in my response to his sell offer. Yeah, it sure is rare, it is rare that Albert actually used the bat. A bit pricy for a bat that Albert used 5 times. I think I will wait for one that saw a few more plate appearances and one that I am sure Johnny the bat boy didn't tear up prior to the games during batting practice

I appreciate the pictures, after doing some research, I have learned that
    Albert only used a Rawlings bat for 5 total at bats in 2005 meaning a
    teammate must have used this bat extensively as Albert is known to loan out
    bats a lot. Based on that information, I am going to pass.

Thanks
    Brett
    The COA reads - "Bill Steele (Ralings' Pro player representative) hand delivered this bat to Pujols in Pittsburgh, during the Cardinals series with the Pirates in August of 2005." (that is some great provenance, you will find with very few bats)

I also did some research - check it out for yourself =
    Pujols was observed useing a natural Rawlings bat in just two games (5 AT BATS) during 2005. He had one plate appearance on August 23 in Pittsburgh and four plate appearnces on August 31 in Florida. (Matches right up with the COA) i got the info from Birdwatch.com.

I have spoke to John Taube personaly he assured me Bill Steele hand delivered this bat to Pujols. You can contact John Taube at JTbats if you question the Game Use.

Vine Malta & John Taube have authenticated this bat as Game Used by Pujols!
    This could be one of the rarest fully authencated Pujols 2005 mvp bat ever!
    ||

Thanks guys, I'll steer clear of this bat. That's why I love you guys. Saved myself a raw deal. Thanks again.

As always, it has been an honor.

Banned

Please advise what is wrong with this bat, that you would say this? It was confirmed that Pujols used it and the stories matches up perfectly. In my opinion, this would be a great Pujols bat to own.

If you want a bat which Albert used for 5 total at bats last year then that is your bat. If you want or expect a bat that is used 250 times like this bat shows in the pictures then this is not your bat as Albert clearly did not use it that often. There is nothing wrong with the bat other than the fact the Albert used it in a game for five total at bats is never mentioned by anyone trying to sell this bat. That is the problem.

Brett

Banned

Ok, so if Albert takes a bat, takes one swing at a pitch in a game and misses, then decides to switch bats in the middle of his at-bat, the bat is technically a game used bat.

Why would a seller mention that it was only used for one swing then not used again? It is game used, right? Why discourage bidding by stating "This bat was used for one pitch, so I want to discourage bidding and tell you this, it is game used, but for only one pitch so don't bother bidding because I know you'd rather have an item that was used for 10,000 pitches and comes with a letter from Albert's Wife."

My problem is that the original poster mentioned that this is a "raw deal" but in reality, it is a great deal on a bat that has a great background.

Too bad the guy is on the shelf for 3-8 weeks, so much for the Bonds record.

You had better believe that if I was bidding on this bat that shows great game use and was able to later prove after buying it that it was only used in 5 total at bats by the player that I would be very pissed off. If this bat looked like it saw 5 at bats it would make sense. It does not. Perhaps I am looking for a bit of honesty here. Sure you want to sell the item but as the seller you want a happy customer and if you know the bat was used only 5 total times which this seller admits in his email yet it appears nowhere in the auction that is just bad business. If you withhold valuable info. about this item what else might you withhold. I am not sure how this is so valuable as it sold originally for around $800.00 and nobody bid on the thing on ebay this time for $2000.00 obviously the public does not see it that way. If I want a Pujols gamer, I want a well used Pujols gamer USED BY PUJOLS. If that is the way you choose to do business in your house more power to you, it is not the way I choose to do business under any circumstances.