Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Mid 1980's Yankee jersey

I have a Don Mattingly baseball jersey that my dad got for me years ago (mid to late 1980's). Not sure where he got the jersey from but I believ he was told it was authentic.

The inside says Aladen Athletic, Rutherford Sporting Goods Distributor.
    Did the yanks have this company make their jerseys before Starter, Russell, Rawlings, Majestic got into the mix?

Name:  Picture 251640x480.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  72.0 KB
    Name:  Picture 252640x480.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  67.9 KB

If it is authentic where would one buy the jersey back in the 80's from Aladen itself ???

Just curious.

Re: Mid 1980's Yankee jersey

i'm not sure what you mean by "authentic". typically, in hobby nomenclature, an "authentic jersey" is a retail jersey. i've never heard of aladen either on a retail level or in regards to them supplying any major league team.

throughout the 70s and the entire 80s, the yankees were supplied by wilson. starter never supplied them nor any other major league team. wilson's final year supplying the yankees was 1991. in 1992, russell secured their first MLB deal and began supplying the yankees and many other teams. in 2005, the yankees switched to majestic along with practically every other major league team.

rudy.

Banned

Aladen is a sports jacket and some uniforms manufacturing company according to them they have done professional teams in the past. But looks like mostly they have secured deals with High School teams.

They are located in New Jersey

Banned

Aladen did supply jackets for the Yankees for a number of years prior to MLB contractuaral agreements. However, I have never seen a game jersey (home or road) that was issued to the Yankees for game use made by them.

Given their connection with the Yanks on the jackets, you probably have a high quality replica in your possession. It would make a good piece to get signed by Donnie Baseball for display.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Aladen did supply jackets for the Yankees for a number of years prior to MLB contractuaral agreements. However, I have never seen a game jersey (home or road) that was issued to the Yankees for game use made by them.

Given their connection with the Yanks on the jackets, you probably have a high quality replica in your possession. It would make a good piece to get signed by Donnie Baseball for display.

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    Thanks for the information.
    I believe they also made jackets for the Giants. I found an old newspaper add online taht said Rutherford Sporting Goods made football and hockey jerseys as well.

That jersey would be perfect with Mattingly's signature on it

Dave M.
    Can you please shoot me an e-mail when you can?
    Thanks,
    Pablo
    mikeapno1@yahoo.com