Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

MJ's disappointing HOF speech..

They saved the worst for last-not the best. Did you guys see it? Stocks, Sloans, and Robos were great. They gave everybody credit for helping them get to the HOF. It was more about others than themselves. Then MJ comes up and disses about everyone from his high school teammate for making the team when he didn't, to Dean Smith not putting him on the SI cover, to Doug Collins not wanting him to play during the off season, to Krause taking credit for the Bulls championships, to Reinsdorf trying to protect his investment during his 2nd season, to Bryon Russell for talking trash to him, to Pat Riley for telling his players not to eat with him on game days, etc. etc. Was real disappointed. Hardly mentioned his family, other than it's gotta be tuff to be my kids. Mentioned no teammates other than Pippen once and tons of his teammates were there: I saw Kukoc, Kerr, and even Rodman. He even said shit in his speech. Man, everybody knows you're the greatest Mike. It's time to back off the me, me, me, and give others some credit. There's a nice article about this on yahoo sports. Dude rips apart his speech. Saying MJ was the only player that could ever get away with all the things he said. He's a cruddy husband, cruddy father, and a cruddy GM. I think he's lost without the contest competition and fanfare. Real disappointed. What did you guys think?

Re: MJ's disappointing HOF speech..

Jordan did mention his parents , brothers, and sister in a positive light.

I didn't take his speech as focusing on himself or who dissed him but rather him relating situations which sometimes don't go our way or perceived as obstacles and making them a motivation (he kept mentioning adding wood to the fire) to do better and be the best you can be. These were all specific situations which fed his fire which helped him become the best basketball player in the world. He wasn't ranting or on a soap box and graciously thanked each person who help feed this fire.

One thing which I thought was off color was the mention that he had to pay $1,000 to get everyone into the HOF ceremony.

Just my 2 ct.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Banned

Jordan has always been an arrogant jerk. Always has, always will.

I am glad to hear this as well, me and my brother in law where just sitting here shaking our heads on how cocky he was....yes he is the greatest, but it would have been nice to see him a little more humble.

Robinson has always been my favorite player and he did not disappoint at all. All he did was thank other people.

metsbats-I watched the speech and took it almost the same way as you.I did'nt read anything negative into what he said.And i am not sure how you could take anything negative away from it.Other than maybe it's because they did'nt care for him.Because if you didnt like him,well than i can see why people would be negative about it.Because if you don't like someone it does'nt really matter what they say or do.And i can almost guarentee those complaining about it,were not big fans of his.You are always going to have people that don't like you no matter what you do or say.You can't make everyone happy and get everyone to like you.But then i happen to consider jordan the best player in my lifetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Jordan did mention his parents , brothers, and sister in a positive light.

I didn't take his speech as focusing on himself or who dissed him but rather him relating situations which sometimes don't go our way or perceived as obstacles and making them a motivation (he kept mentioning adding wood to the fire) to do better and be the best you can be. These were all specific situations which fed his fire which helped him become the best basketball player in the world. He wasn't ranting or on a soap box and graciously thanked each person who help feed this fire.

One thing which I thought was off color was the mention that he had to pay $1,000 to get everyone into the HOF ceremony.

Just my 2 ct.

I think it's a little funny for a person with the user id 33bird to call out Jordan for being a "cruddy father." It took Bird like 20 years to acknowledge a kid he had from a previous marriage, who he never had anything to do with. But you're right Bird is a much better GM.

Of course, MJ is arrogant. If he wasn't his name would be Dominique, he'd have a high-top fade and a shoe deal with Brooks.

I personally like the use of the adjective, "cruddy". Tanner Boyle would be proud.

Banned

Birds not perfect either, neither is my man Pete Rose. I'm an MJ fan too, but, honestly, it was a bad performance...cruddy too..lol.

Banned

Is that a poster of Larry Bowa on the wall behind Tanner?

Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post
    Is that a poster of Larry Bowa on the wall behind Tanner?
    Yes, it is. I had the same one in my room as a kid. He was my favorite player growing up.

Mike