Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Um....A-Rod "auto'd" Pacific Coast League ball....

Capitol-Sports, and centerfieldsports.com,

In comparing my early balls to this one, they are substantially different. That could be that mine aren't as early as this one. But from reading the short description of the seller's, it sounds like he is claiming A-Rod was placed back on a minor league stint while rehabbing an injury. That means, as I read it, that he was already a Mariner.

Maybe the case is as I mentioned earlier, that A-Rod didn't care much about what he was doing at the moment he was approached and subsequently scribled his name accross the face of it.

But I'd like to know, the seller mentioned A-Rod was on a rehab assignment while on Tacoma, playing at a game (at Cashman field) in Las Vegas when he got the ball signed. ANY of you know what year that might have been?

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I usually stay away from adding my two cents to threads like this, but come on guys. This isn't a high school playground. Treat each other with a little more respect.
    Tony, guys like you that have class that come out and have the spine to make a decent comment like this speaks volumns. Thank you, glad you're a member.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    You started this thread to make fun of a ball that you thought was fake and now that is has been confirmed that it is real you are now backtracking and saying you started the thread to point out it was a sloppy?...Come on

Dave

Hey Dave,

I don't speak with a forked tongue. If I think something is flat-out FAKE, I'll state so.

This ball, to me, is so sloppy, and larger than usual in the sig's size, and the "#3" looks so deliberate to me......that I just asked for opinions. To me, it is simply not up to par for my liking. The signature does display characteristics of an A-Rod sig, but it's so sloppy that it may be a forgery. Since no one witnessed the signing of the ball, it's all speculation. And I am leaning towards the fact it may be real. Sorry to break all the hearts of you rat-pack members. But the fact that I have to be referred to, and called out as someone who needs attention (???) because I asked for some thoughts on a sloppy ball.....is not very impressive for this site.

I am hesitating to post the pictures of my early A-Rod baseballs until I can narrow down the time frame (date) this ball was supposedly signed by A-Rod. I am not saying it wasn't, I have never said it wasn't. My early A-Rod balls DO NOT look like that. I have his second career grand slam ball, signed and dated, and it doesn't look like that sig at all. Maybe this sig is from a few years earlier....I don't know, and neither do any of you guys....the seller didn't give us a date. So, I asked for some comments, and was attacked by a rat pack.

The only thing "confirmed" here is it's business as ususl on the GUU. Say one thing someone doesn't like, or reads in a different manner, and you get mauled. Whatever, I'm man enough to take on the forum ladies.

Alex played in the PCL for 32 games in 1994, 54 in 1995, and 2 in 1996.

Here are a few other early Arod autographs. I could not locate more, but these are from his minor league days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-A...d=p3286.c0.m14

hey...even if its sloppy and genuine at least its legibly... autographs nowadays are illegible... years ago you could read team ball signatures...

"I hit myself in the leg with an ax tonight so I won't be going anywhere anytime soon"

Chakes!?! Oh my god really?! Can you post pics

wade

Quote Originally Posted by Capital-Sports View Post

Here are a few other early Arod autographs. I could not locate more, but these are from his minor league days.

That hat looks exactly like my A-Rod grand Slam jersey signature.....and here is the ball.

Not even remotely close to the ebay ball, but maybe the ebay ball was from a year or two earlier and that may make the difference?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post
    "I hit myself in the leg with an ax tonight so I won't be going anywhere anytime soon"

Chakes!?! Oh my god really?! Can you post pics

wade
    Yes it really happened

Pics Later
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Yes 2 years make a big difference. If you look at Arod certified autographed cards from 94/95, you will see had about 3-4 different ways of signing. Also different ways of signing baseballs. Heck even today he has various autographs.

The ball in question, I would pass if I worked for an authentication company.
    There numerous handwriting characteristics that are the same.

I would feel 100% comfortable purchasing that ball had I had interest in it.

It even sold for $80 - $90 more than other un authenticated Arod balls, so his collectors knew what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital-Sports View Post

Capitol-Sports,

You appear to have good info at your fingertips. Can you pull up which of those game, while he was on his rehab assignment, he may have played at Cashman Field in Las Vegas. I would love to narrow down the possibilities.

Not beating a dead horse, just curious for my own learning-curve. After seeing all of these other "early" ARod signed balls, his signature appears to have taken on a quick transformation at one point in history...looking to me like the point he was establishing himself as a pro on the Mariners. Any input you could share would be much appreciated.