Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: MEARS Authentication....

Thanks Suicide...
    Yea, I've noticed that A10's from MEARS tend to be that the consignor/jersey has some great provenance that ties it to the player, friend, coach, etc etc.
    The two jerseys I'm looking at, a Jordan and Magic, has the Jordan coming from the Bulls official scorer and team statistition since '66. The Magic one doesn't say who the provenance is from to make it an A10, so I emailed MEARS to ask. I'm sure there aren't a lot of A10 Magic's they've graded through the years.

Thanks again! I'll see if I should bid or not

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Thanks Suicide...
    Yea, I've noticed that A10's from MEARS tend to be that the consignor/jersey has some great provenance that ties it to the player, friend, coach, etc etc.
    The two jerseys I'm looking at, a Jordan and Magic, has the Jordan coming from the Bulls official scorer and team statistition since '66. The Magic one doesn't say who the provenance is from to make it an A10, so I emailed MEARS to ask. I'm sure there aren't a lot of A10 Magic's they've graded through the years.

Thanks again! I'll see if I should bid or not
    Which auction will both of these be coming up in?

Lund,
    I think he's talking about the ones in SCP.

Yup, the July SCP Auction. Both are very nice pieces and I don't have an older Magic jersey and a Jordan from that year, but I'm soooo cautious these days on auction jerseys, esp these guys and Bird!

Yup, the July SCP Auction. Both are very nice pieces and I don't have an older Magic jersey and a Jordan from that year, but I'm soooo cautious these days on auction jerseys, esp these guys and Bird!

The tags on the Jordan look pretty crisp, but sure could have been worn for a few games

I would be soooooo cautious of the Magic

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    The tags on the Jordan look pretty crisp, but sure could have been worn for a few games

I would be soooooo cautious of the Magic
    Thanks.. About the Magic, even with a MEARS A10? I know that there's always a chance the auth places miss something (as we all well know), but that's why I posted in this thread to see if a MEARS A10 is a "definite"/no question asked game worn jersey LOA.

Thanks.. About the Magic, even with a MEARS A10? I know that there's always a chance the auth places miss something (as we all well know), but that's why I posted in this thread to see if a MEARS A10 is a "definite"/no question asked game worn jersey LOA.

Nickacs....To me, nothing is a "definite" unless it's conclusively photo matched

If it's not photo matched, then comes the "leap"....basically who can you trust without the photo match...(also experience in authentication of a particular sport is huge in my book)....i don't believe that any authenticator out there is an expert in all sports..that's pretty tough

niche experts are the ones that I would trust, and you won't find more niche experts than here

this is my opinion of the Magic...there are a TON of Magic Tiernan jerseys out there....(along with Kareems)...WAY more that could have ever been worn during this time frame...the first key thing to look for to try and distinguish a good vs bad jersey is the eveness of wear....most of the Tiernan Lakers jerseys out there have uneven wear...on most of them the Tiernan label is beat to shit, but everything else that is sewn on is pretty crisp....when looking at the SCP jersey, it follows this pattern and most astute Lakers collectors know this

On the other hand, here is what a jersey with consistant wear should look like, and the final hammer price reflected that

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/...x?itemid=12864

Here is another example of what a jersey should like with that much wear on tag

Lund-
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but your last post was right on with what I'm currently looking at. SCP Auctions just had a Magic Tiernan jersey that looks like it has already sold off their "buy now" webpage. Darn! The tag was definitely beat up and looked really good.

There's another in the current Heritage Auction and wanted to know your thought (or anyone's) regarding the Magic jersey. The Tiernan tag looks pretty pristine and clean, but I don't know what else to look at/verify the early Laker Tiernan jerseys since there are no size/length/nba logo identifiers to compare with?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks...

Niockas...

what's your e-mail?

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    Niockas...

what's your e-mail?
    Thanks for seeeing this Lund! My email is: nick.twc@gmail.com