Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What do you do if you collect a certain team or player?

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    What do I do? I check e-bay every day for items on Mets game used/worn, Robin Ventura,Swoboda,Viola,Dave Mlicki,Jay Payton,Bill Madlock,Van Slyke,etc. I wouldn't sell the Ventura,Viola,Swoboda,Mlicki stuff, the rest, who knows. It's funny how there are items that are so important to get and then once obtained you say what did I do that for?
    Yeah even though you say never if you ever part with your Ventura Gamer I want 1st dibs..
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

As a Patriots collector since 1972, I have boxes and boxes of items I no longer have room to show. I used to put up anything with the Patriots logo on it as I couldn't afford the better stuff. When I was able to afford game used and autographed articles I put alot of the cheaper stuff away. I give alot of that away to kids who are fans.

When I was in Iraq in 06/07 I sold some jerseys to help finance a car on my return. I have regretted that ever since and would not do it again. I did try to sell a game presentation ball of a player I had 2 of. It did not come close to my price so I gave it to a fellow fan who hooks me up with game tix whenever I can get up there.

I've aquired many duplicate 86 Met, Gary Carter, Mike Piazza, and Ed Hearn bats during the years and have sold some to other collectors who needed them in their collections or to finance purchases of Met post season bats which is the new focus of my collecting.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Who Collects teams only, or random players?

Just looking to see who all only collects a certain team or if you collect teams and other teams players bats, jerseys, ect. Or if you just collect random players all together?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Jason
    stlbats@bellsouth.net

Re: Who Collects teams only, or random players?

I collect mostly Kansas City Royals (70s and 80s players - Frank White, Amos Otis, McRae, Willie Wilson, etc) and some of the current young stars/prospects (Butler, Hosmer, Moustakas). But I also collect some of my favorites from other teams, Bagwell, Berkman, Gwynn, hopefully add a Ramirez, Biggio and Thome at some point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Banned

I only collect Milwaukee Braves & Brewers game used equipment. My collection is based on the 1957 Braves and the 1982 Brewers team.

I mainly collect Justin Morneau bats (my favorite current player). However, I also have a few Don Mattingly's (my favorite as a teenager), a Larry Bowa (my favorite as a child), a few Joe Mauer's (just because he's a Twin and he's Joe Mauer), and David Wright and Evan Longoria (because I met both and they both are super-nice people). However, all I collect are GU bats.

Mike

Only collect rangers main guys hamilton/kinsler/young/andrus and have some feliz holland g/u jerseys. Also buy rangers g/u gloves when they come available.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

I collect recent Cardinals bats and other game used items, but would possibly venture out for a favorite player of another team.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

I collect sort of randomly, most of the guys I collect are modern "stars" but then there are players who i just really like Rose, Gwynn, etc. who's bats I have as well.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com