Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Introductions- What do we collect?

Hi all. I'm Keith O'Leary, 50, PA.

Baseball - I collect the 19th century tobacco champion sets (N28, N29 Allen & Ginter, N162 Goodwin, N184 Kimball), T3 Turkey Red, T200 Fatima, T222 Fatima, E95, E96 Philadelphia Caramel and have a type collection.

Other sports - N310 Mayo boxers, E75, E76 American Caramel boxers, T9 Turkey Red boxers.

Non sports - N2 Allen & Ginter Indians, N13 Allen & Ginter Game Birds, tobacco albums and premiums, tobacco banners, tobacco ad and counter cards.

Some of my collection can be seen here.

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...e&userid=vwtdi

Welcome Keith. I love the look of vintage tobacco advertising.

My name is Jason and I've only just found this site. I only collect Jose Canseco stuff right now. I picked up an A's era Cooper game used bat about six or seven years ago. That's the only game used item I have so far. I do have a lot of other Canseco items like baseball cards, magazines and replica jerseys. I'm always on the lookout for interesting Canseco items.

Thanks

-Jason M

My name is Roger Ward. I am originally from Cleveland,Ohio. I now live Newport News,Va. I know. What a stupid name for a city. Anyway. As you can tell by my name . I collect Jim Thome items . Game used mostly. I do collect tickets from games he homered in. I probably have close to 400 of
    the 472 HR's .If anyone has any of either of the above items I might be interested in. Please feel free to email me. I will give a prompt response.
    Thanks for you time. Roger thomecollector@cox.net
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thomecollector - we're nearly neighbors!

Jim Reynolds here, 36, Richmond, Va.

I collect game used equipment, SGC graded vintage cards and raw vintage cards and just about any vintage baseball and football material. Slowly building numerous vintage SGC graded sets on their registry. I also collect autographs and some Yankees, Nationals and NY Giants (football) stuff.

Great thread, its almost a year old and still going.
    My name is Michael Strader, I live in Omaha, and I used to be a huge Mays collector, hence the call name. I was in the baseball card industry from '83-'98 as both a store owner in the midwest (8 stores actually) and I worked for a Master Distributor of all the major manufacturers for 4 years. I left the industry for 7 years because of all the disguesting things I saw but somehow I've been pulled back in. I've owned everything there is to own that is affordable and sold it 3 time over, Jerserys, every Topps Card every made, a '52 Mantle certified by Al Rosen (Mr. Mint) to be the finest one he every saw (bought it in '87 for $10k and sold it the next week for $12k), boy would I like to have that back. I still have a ton of stuff from the 15 years I was in the industry (Game worn items, Ryan jersey, Jordan Jersey, Yaz bat, Ryan bat, Morgan bat, recently purchased Mantle/Maris 61 in '61 bat) and I'm now looking for the niche items that get me excited. Great site, I joined almost a year ago and I've learned more in that year then I did in the 12 years I was earning a living doing this. Thanks to all.

Hi guys,

I have not been to this section very much but this particular thread caught my interest. My name is Nick, and I am from the big apple. I do collect quite an assortment of things, but the center of my collection are my Mets jerseys. I have set out to collect one of every style Mets jersey from the start of the double-knit era til today (game worn or authentic retail... no cheap reproductions). I'm currently at 45 and counting... but despite my travels, I still have yet to find what I believe to be the hardest to find of all modern styles -- the 1994 road batting practice jersey (photo attached). Course, as for rarity, the '82/'83 alternate blues and the '85 St. Pats would take the cake... but at least Mitchell & Ness were nice enough to make an authentic repro of them.

I have also done some extensive research on Mets jerseys throughout time and have compiled all of my information... someday I may publish it... but for now, I'd be happy to use it as a tool to help other collectors.

Happy collecting,
    Nick

Hi folks..

My name is Chris and I lam 38 and live in Toronto, Canada. I enjoy collecting vintage baseball items and specifically look for 1977 Toronto Blue Jays items.

I would like to find a 1977 Jays game used jersey(home or away....any player) , if anyone has one for sale or trade. I also collect Dr. J and Dan Marino items.

Have fun collecting!

I'm David and from my GU Forum login as many can guess I collect Mets bats. I have just this year completed my goal of obtaining a game used bat from every member of the 86 Mets World Championship team (appropriately on the 20 anniversary). My other interests are the 2000 Mets, Gary Carter, and I have the largest collection of Ed Hearn game used bats and jerseys. Now that I've reached my collecting goals I enjoy sitting back and helping others in the hobby reach their goals as many fellow collectors have helped me through the years.

I have a large scrap book of old SCD articles from Michael Montbriand (GONE BATS), Tim LEE (Equipment Manager) and a ton of advertisements from bat dealers such as Ball Park Heroes, Zane Burns, John Taube, David Drozen, CNI, CSI, etc between the years 1992-1999 which I have kept for reference.

Enjoy hearing from you all.

David

I`m Sean Bradley from San Diego, Currently living in San Pedro. I started out collecting modern Baseball, mostly high-end Graded Cards. My Focus has Shifted to Signed memorabilia & Bats (of course!) Favorite Players are Tony Gwynn, Mark Mcgwire, & Vladimir Guerrero. I have every era L.S. gamer of Gwynn (except 1990) Several of Vladi, including a high-end 35" 1998 Sam Bat. My best experience collecting (so far) was asking Gwynn to sign one of his Game used Bats. He studied the specs on the knob, Barrel & asked me where I got it & how much I paid. He also signed a 1984 All-star Game Ball.
    Sometime soon I`ll post pics, I just bought a new Desktop & dont have pics loaded yet! I enjoy your Collection Pics. Happy Holidays,
    Sean