Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Fan in Boston gets g/u bat taken away

As im sittin here watching the Red Sox/Yankees game, Mike Lowell was up to bat in the bottom of the 2nd and his bat went flying into the stands. The bat hit a fan but he held onto the bat. The fan sat back down in his seat and held the bat up as he was looking at it. Within SECONDS, security runs down and literally grabs the bat out of the fans hands and runs back up the steps. The camera was still on the fan and you could clearly see how confused he was as he threw up his hands.

Re: Fan in Boston gets g/u bat taken away

Crap, you beat me to it, so now we have two posts about it.

ya...lol i just saw yours too. That sucks for the fan that they just took the bat from him like they did. I thought anything going in the stands was fair game?? Security pretty much ripped the bat from the fans hands.

Quote Originally Posted by murfsteve25 View Post
    As im sittin here watching the Red Sox/Yankees game, Mike Lowell was up to bat in the bottom of the 2nd and his bat went flying into the stands. The bat hit a fan but he held onto the bat. The fan sat back down in his seat and held the bat up as he was looking at it. Within SECONDS, security runs down and literally grabs the bat out of the fans hands and runs back up the steps. The camera was still on the fan and you could clearly see how confused he was as he threw up his hands.

Are you sure it was security and not a Steiner rep
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Maybe they were worried he got injured and wanted to destroy the evidence.

did the fan get a replacement bat or that was that?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    did the fan get a replacement bat or that was that?
    no idea. the camera was on the guy long enough to show him confused and upset. Then it went back to the ballgame. From what I saw, I'd guess that was that since the security guy didnt say anything to the fan. He literally walked down, grabbed the bat out of the fans hands, and went back up the steps. You couldnt snap your fingers quicker than what happened.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Are you sure it was security and not a Steiner rep
    Too funny. In a bad economy they'd mug a guy for a bat!

Does Fenway have a no bat policy? I know that Comerica Park does not allow fans to possess bats in the park. If you buy a bat from Marc at the Authentics booth, I believe they hold onto it until the end of the game or whenever you leave the stadium. Maybe the guard will hold onto it until the end of the game and then give it to the fan.

Just a thought...

In any case that was really an abrasive way of handling the situation. A paying customer (who paid a premium at Fenway to see the Yankees) gets hit with a flying bat and gets the bat abruptly yanked out of his hands. No "sir are you ok after that flying projectile hit you". If this happened in Yankee stadium there would be a lawsuit in the making.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.