Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 82 of 87 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

Hi, all! Beautiful, beautiful collections and jerseys (I love coming in here and looking).

I'm looking for advice on Tigers' jerseys, though - are there particular sites or sellers that you folks go through to find some of your stuff? I'm on Himelstein's mailing list, I check eBay regularly, but that's about it (maybe a list of auction sites people typically have success at?). I'd really like to find a Zumaya, and I'm not sure if there are other places I can/should look; you guys are able to find some real gems, so I hope I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumber 1980 View Post
    Jays Cecil Fielder jersey 1988

http://gameusedonly.com/cecil-fielder-1988/
    Does this site ever sell a jersey like this?

Quote Originally Posted by VanPoppelFan View Post
    Hi, all! Beautiful, beautiful collections and jerseys (I love coming in here and looking).

I'm looking for advice on Tigers' jerseys, though - are there particular sites or sellers that you folks go through to find some of your stuff? I'm on Himelstein's mailing list, I check eBay regularly, but that's about it (maybe a list of auction sites people typically have success at?). I'd really like to find a Zumaya, and I'm not sure if there are other places I can/should look; you guys are able to find some real gems, so I hope I'm missing something.
    If you want the latest Tigers Jersey's keep in contact with Marc. He just sent out an email blast trying to sell a Miggy GU Jersey. He always wants top dollar but he will work with you at times.
    marc.Himelstein@detriottigers.com

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    If you want the latest Tigers Jersey's keep in contact with Marc. He just sent out an email blast trying to sell a Miggy GU Jersey. He always wants top dollar but he will work with you at times.
    marc.Himelstein@detriottigers.com
    I'm definitely on there, but thanks! I occasionally have interest in a currently jersey, but I'm often interested in stuff between the eighties and the oughts (Zumaya, for instance).

My personal opinion:

- The Tigers got in the game used marketplace early and there is a fair amount of inventory in private collections.
    - The Tigers have always gotten top dollar and that will prevent people from reselling because true value is less than what was originally paid.
    - I have narrowed my game used collecting a bit and primarily pursue one retired player. I have been actively searching for his road jersey for 5+ years and not one has surfaced on eBay. I have an extra home jersey that I have been trying to move for a few months, the only offer I have received was less than half of what I originally paid.
    - As for Zumaya, my guess is Tigers Authentics was getting $600+ for his game used jersey back in 2006-2007 and its probably worth $250. I can see why it stays in a personal collection.

Again, just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    My personal opinion:

- The Tigers got in the game used marketplace early and there is a fair amount of inventory in private collections.
    - The Tigers have always gotten top dollar and that will prevent people from reselling because true value is less than what was originally paid.
    - I have narrowed my game used collecting a bit and primarily pursue one retired player. I have been actively searching for his road jersey for 5+ years and not one has surfaced on eBay. I have an extra home jersey that I have been trying to move for a few months, the only offer I have received was less than half of what I originally paid.
    - As for Zumaya, my guess is Tigers Authentics was getting $600+ for his game used jersey back in 2006-2007 and its probably worth $250. I can see why it stays in a personal collection.

Again, just my .02
    Hmm, that sounds like a pretty reasonable (and disappointing) explanation. Their prices are (and have been) top dollar, like you said; although it isn't my intention when I purchase a jersey, I have often thought to myself, "I'd never be able to get that back out of it if I needed to sell."

May I ask who it is that you are searching for? EDIT: nevermind, I looked at your posts. Guillen. Well, I wish you the best of luck on that (and would certainly come back and say something if I should come across one)!

JD Martinez photomatched to Miggy!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Photomatch

JD Martinez

JD Pink!